Author Topic: Waggy 44 w/5.13's driver drop  (Read 2878 times)

InstaGator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -99
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Marlin-less Nissan :(
    • View Profile
Waggy 44 w/5.13's driver drop
« on: Oct 29, 2005, 05:07:35 PM »

It's gotta go. I have a dana 44 minus the knuckles out. What I have is the the housing inner shafts and Precision 5.13 gears already installed. This was on my truck but I have gone high pinion and the brackets were removed. This axle was completely torn down and rebuilt, it was even sand blasted. That was 3 years ago, it was not wheeled except for trails that only required 2wd. I would like to get $300. If you want me to ship it will be on your dime and I may add materials for crating to that charge.

I also have a set of flat top knuckles milled,drilled and studded with 5/8 studs on the passenger side. I have arms for bot but they don't match. They can be used together but you would have to mount the tie-rod below the arms instead of above. I may hold onto the knuckles unless I get $300 for them, arms will be extra.

Again I prefer local pick-up or can deliver within 300 miles of my home for some gas money. If you have questions ask em.

Lator....
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2005, 09:48:15 PM by InstaGator »
Nissan's need Marlin too. Won't you help?

InstaGator [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
Re: Waggy 44 w/5.13's passenger drop
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2005, 09:47:45 PM »
What was I drinking? It is driver drop. Sorry.
Lator....

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
Re: Waggy 44 w/5.13's driver drop
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2005, 04:08:01 AM »
:boozer:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

InstaGator [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
Re: Waggy 44 w/5.13's driver drop
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2005, 02:14:45 PM »
What I have:

dana 44 from a 1980 cherokee chief (same as the waggy) driver drop. Inner 'C' to inner 'C'
It has Precision 5.13 ring and pinion. open diff. All bearings were replaced when gears were put in. Ineer shafts.

I have GM flat top knuckles, both milled and drilled. Driver side from the factory and passenger side by machine shop. The passenger side uses 5/8th studs instead of the factory 9/16th.

Disk brake sheild/bracket driver side (I'm sure I have the passenger side as well, I just have to look through some boxes)

Poisen spyder passenger side arm. I have an Avalanche driver arm, but it does not match, I used these mismatched for 2 years but this may or may not be for you.

I have the draglink and tie-rod that was used when this axle was under my truck, do to the extra width of the new axle, they could not be used but should work under the Nissan chassis with this axle.

Upper coil buckets, brand new and never used. They still have the factory stickers on them. I was going to use them when my buddy and I were going to do the SAS but when I decided on haviing a shop do the work, they convinced me to let them build some for me. These buckets will hold your coil springs and allow you to mount the shocks.

I may also have the bracket that was used on the axle to mount the track bar as well as the track bar as soon as I have my new set up done.

What you will need:

Rotors, calipers, spindles and hubs (w/ hub housing) u-joints, outer shafts, pinion yoke for driveshaft, wheel studs (I may have some of those shortly for you as well) along with associated bearings and ball joints.

I may be forgetting an item or 2 but I am pretty sure that is it.

For the sas you will need some hiem joints and/or tie-rod ends (depending on what set up you plan), coils, shocks and link material. You will also need to fab a crossmember.

Lator......