Author Topic: cascade cruisers tillamook trail series 2005 event sept 23 & 24 ( tillamook oreg  (Read 2593 times)

toyrocs

• Big Bird
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Member since Dec '02
  • so many mods i dont know what my rig is anymore
    • View Profile
Our club is putting on a event in the tillamook state forest( located 45 min west of portland oregon) on sept 23 & 24. Sign up & come find out what wheeling in the pacific north west is all about.We do have some hard core stuff that will just break you up, he he!for more info, go to our web site:www.cascadecruisers.com. Hope some of you can make it up our way! btw cruzila will be here from garden valley calif. see ya     toyrocs
98 4300 vortec,4l60e auto/klunev 2.72/5.0 atlas II case/crawl ratio 427:1 ,dana 60f 14b arbs,full exo cage/ tray back, 3 link front 4 link rear, 44" sampers (summer) 46" claws( winter) double beadlocks , Firestone Airsprings, AirRock active handling & ride controll etc etc.

toyrocs [OP]

• Big Bird
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
event announcement
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2005, 08:59:58 PM »
 two day wheeling event ,sept 23 & sept 24 in the tillamook state forest ( 45 min west of portland oregon) info:www.cascadecruisers.com
98 4300 vortec,4l60e auto/klunev 2.72/5.0 atlas II case/crawl ratio 427:1 ,dana 60f 14b arbs,full exo cage/ tray back, 3 link front 4 link rear, 44" sampers (summer) 46" claws( winter) double beadlocks , Firestone Airsprings, AirRock active handling & ride controll etc etc.

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
damn,,,why does it have to be the same weekend as the goldendale playday :rivers:

and I'll miss out meeting cruxilla...bummer...I guess there is nect year...

I herd you guys were doing somthing different this year??
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

toyrocs [OP]

• Big Bird
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
In years past our tlca sanction event was named "cruzin the woods" we used a  marked course ( format ) for the event. This year we are using a guided course format ( with trail leaders/ guides/ tail gunners) & have renamed the event"Tillamook Trail Series 2005" to reflect the changes.We will be running about 5 different courses each day based on driver/ rig capability. If you plan on going please sign up early.     toyrocs

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
wish i could go,,already planned goldendale that same date...so why the change in format??

toyrocs [OP]

• Big Bird
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Why was the format changed?? I'll just list a few i can think of right now 1) With about 100 rigs running all the same course, break downs & stucks became a serious problem( the breaks / stucks usually happen in the worst possible places where there is no bypass / go around & we had difficulty in getting in a postion to winch or reteive a rig) this would back up many people & make for a very long day getting everybody back in camp. 2) With a guided format we can rate each rig for capablity & run a specialized course based on the driver/ rig capablity( for the hard core/course guys we can really entertain them so they can try to break their stuff on the nasty obstacles .he he!)  For the other groups a trail that will challenge them with out a lot of breakage / damage is more appropiate.3) Last  year we had some hunter(s) vandalize / miss direct   our marked course arrows. We caught the miss direct & repostioned all the arrows , just in time before we had about 100 rigs lost in the woods ( & very pissed off) .Kelly the tsf ranger contacted the suspects in the area --- no proof-- just a little talking to-- so those individuals are aware we are watching.4) Most of the events  of this type are now guided .5)With a guided event it gives us more flexablity on trails we run due to weather/ rain etc. Hope this clairifies  our reasons for the change. Thanks . toyrocs

toyrocs [OP]

• Big Bird
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Official Announcement: Tillamook Trail Series 2005 is Cancelled

ODF requires all paperwork to be turned in 60 days prior to an event.  We did not complete everything in a timely manner, so ODF did not approve the event for this year.  All registration fees will be returned to the participants. 

For other information, or other wheeling opportunities, please see our web site:  www.cascadecruisers.com

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please PM Dave on our web site.

Thank you.

toyrocs is posting this for:

Dave Sandine
Cascade Cruisers President

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
kelly is a real stickler...like it would have made a differance if paper work was done early or not..Thats lame on odf's part..