Author Topic: Best truck value queston  (Read 1231 times)

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
Best truck value queston
« on: Jun 16, 2005, 02:20:37 AM »
ok heres the scoop... im going to be going away to college next year and need to make some money.. I picked up a clean 84 extra cab STOCK EFI truck a couple days ago. the truck has about 5-10 Tiny miniature dents in it and absolutely flauless grey interior. its had a bedliner in it since the day it left the dealer so the inside of the bed is perfect. it has stock cruise controll, PS, and AC. its an automatic (wich is actaully peppy believe it or not) The truck has 160,000 miles on it and im doing a HG on it right now. truck has plenty of smooth power and engine runs perfect. I am wondering what you guys think i could get for it as it is now 2wd and also what you think i could get for it if i did the following:

SAS
Hy-steer
5.29's, rear welded
5spd swap with dual 2.28 cases
all pro front and rear 5" springs, front longer than stock
35" BFG mud terrians with 90% tread
shock hoops with 12" rs 9000's fornt and back
u-bolt flips
I might also bob it and maybe a paint job

i need to know realistically what a truck like that would sell for.. im debating building it up with parts from my other trucks that im not DDing right now to make this an extremely clean 84 extra cab rock crawler for someone that wants a dent free prefect cond rock crawler

so what do you guys think i would actually end up selling a truck built like that for? do you think it would be better to just leave it alone as a 2WD and sell it? whats your best guess on prices both ways.. I apreciate your comments
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
Re: Best truck value queston
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2005, 04:20:47 AM »
I think it would be worth more as a 4x4 but your not going to get your money oout of it with all the add ons such as hysteer and gears and all the other little stuff...If it were me I would just sell it as is,,or to someone that wants it converted to sas..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2005, 07:24:49 AM »
i have basically no money into all my added on mods that i listed so i know i would be making money still.. i think what im trying to say is that i have the costs i have into my parts and i can tally taht up and take that off what price i would get for it as a 4x4 an i also know what i i have into it as it sits and i would know how much i made if it sold as it is.. i just would like to know how much you guys think it would sell for in each case.
rest in peace Effay

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

seanc

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -357
  • Male Posts: 347
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Wheeler For Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2005, 03:55:44 PM »
to my knoweldge the EFI option didn't start until 1985 when they switched to the other 22r block and head ???
You win some, you lose some.

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2005, 12:17:33 AM »
wrong knowlege.. bc i have one:) i didnt think that either but i had always heard rumors... but its true.. i have one now.. sold in 83
rest in peace Effay