Author Topic: AOR - Put to the Test  (Read 9149 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: AOR - Put to the Test
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »
You haven't opened the package yet.................

The Joys of living in an apartment, the office was closed so I have to wait until tonight.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 10, 2005, 06:43:43 PM »
OK.  Now we know that AOR only ships Anthrax or pipe bombs in its packages that arrive in under a week.  Black Diamond has been MIA since he said he was going to get the package.  WE NEED AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:10:17 PM »
The part looks great, but is still sitting on my desk.  I need to borrow a hack saw to do the install.

:gap:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #33 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:20:44 PM »
you don't have a hacksaw or sawzall??!?!?!  You must not be an okie... :gap:

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 10, 2005, 08:05:53 PM »
you don't have a hacksaw or sawzall??!?!?! You must not be an okie... :gap:

I'm a half-baked civil engineer that couldn't handle mechanical engineering.  I am slowly learning the hands-on part of auto mechanics, but since I am still an apartment dweller it make tools difficult.  Also, I am fairly picky with quality and short on patience with vehicle projects...oddly enough I am a very patient person with about anything else, I'm not sure what my problem with vehicles is.  Thankfully I have a couple of great friends that have tools, knowhow and a willingness to assist me in my pathetic attempts, but I learning more all of the time.  My great grandfather was a mechanic by trade, my grandpa was very handy as well, my dad avoids working on autos but has been involved in numerous emergency type fixes and truck rescues so I guess it gets worse with each passing generation. 

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jun 10, 2005, 08:10:13 PM »
I'm a half-baked civil engineer that couldn't handle mechanical engineering.  I am slowly learning the hands-on part of auto mechanics, but since I am still an apartment dweller it make tools difficult.  Also, I am fairly picky with quality and short on patience with vehicle projects...oddly enough I am a very patient person with about anything else, I'm not sure what my problem with vehicles is.  Thankfully I have a couple of great friends that have tools, knowhow and a willingness to assist me in my pathetic attempts, but I learning more all of the time.  My great grandfather was a mechanic by trade, my grandpa was very handy as well, my dad avoids working on autos but has been involved in numerous emergency type fixes and truck rescues so I guess it gets worse with each passing generation. 

s'ok, I think I'm turning the process around in my own family.  My grandfather(s) were mechanics, one a plane mechanic and the other a car mechanic, my dad has no interest in vehicles other than as transportation, and some status points, the on,ly reason you'll see him under the hood is to save $$.  I love my truck and enjoy working on it even when I dont know what I am doing.  My brother has no interest in it whatsoever :down:  Hopefully he'll come around, but as of right now, i'm the only one that really does work on their own vehicles.  As for apt living, its ok :thumbs:  I did my heads in my apt complex parking lot :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 10, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
A few years ago I loaned my apartment garage to a neighbor to pull his engine out of his Cobra Mustang, pull the pistons and install them in a new crate motor (arrive without pistons) and install the new motor.  It took several days to get the engine out since they designed to come out the bottom.  His long tube headers took a shop 24 hours labor to install so you can imagine they were not easy to remove, they wrapped around the bell housing so he had no choice.  The good thing was that I got to see a 4.6 motor completely torn down 1st hand.  The crate motor was supposed to be complete and finish his 600 hp build, but he got ripped off and the company vanished.  It took him almost two years to get the car running again.  He paid for a full engine install and they didn't notice the problem until they turned the key since everything was torqued to spec....way off topic!

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jun 11, 2005, 06:29:48 AM »
If I remember right, the guys at AOR used to sell Ford crate engines.

Uncle Jesse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Male Posts: 375
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jun 12, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »
that was a good one lowgeared, it was so quick it took me a second to get it.

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jun 12, 2005, 03:41:47 PM »
I thought it was pretty fitting...