Author Topic: my truck 91 pick up  (Read 5719 times)

HaloFan1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
my truck 91 pick up
« on: Apr 25, 2005, 07:07:57 PM »
well guys this is my rig. still haevnt done the SAS yet but this is it. it has a 3in. bodly lift and 4in. procomp suspension lift. im running 33x12.50 BFG muds. im planning on running some 7 or 8 in. springs when it is all said and done while running some 37 Mickey Thomson Claws. ever heard of anyone using skyjacker springs with a the Marlin SAS hangers and what not? Marlin cant make custom lift springs can they?

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: my truck 91 pick up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2005, 02:29:14 AM »
Skyjacker springs will work in the Marlin hanger.  But that begs the question, why would you use a spring that has damned near NO flex?  I have a set of them and they suck.  A buddy runs the 5" and the fronts work alright but the rears didnt move.  AT ALL!  Dont waste your money, build a set of stock rears for the front and use Marlins or broncoII's in the rear.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

86 4runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2005, 02:49:50 AM »
i dont think hes really worried about flex, he just wants the hieghth. at least thats what i read in another of his posts. is that right halofan.
86 4 Runner SAS, 37 inch Toyo M/T's, E-Locker rear, Lock Right front. 30 spline Longs, 5.29's, Dual Cases, Warn XD9000i

HaloFan1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2005, 08:34:48 AM »
yeh i mainly am just going for height. no one makes any springs with high lift heights except sky jacker and they are only 7 to 8 in. flex would be nice 2 just show off to other idiots around here who think they have a off-road rigs! my yota leaves there rigs in the mud every time! u just cant beat a yota!

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »
mud isnt really offroading. i can see why you would want that huge lift. ideally you want low lift and big tire. say 4" and 37's if you were rockcrawling and running trails
Im an OG

HaloFan1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2005, 09:16:52 AM »
i think the bigger the better. i just want 2 run some 37's  and have them not crowd up my wheel well. if going to spend the money and do the SAS i atleast want my truck to be bigger and meaner looking and not having  all the same lift height i just cut off the truck. i have what is called 2in. syndrome. when i lift something i always think that it could be bigger and better and then i keep going with it. with that being said i basically want my truck 2 look different after the SAS. i know it will look different with the new springs in that sense but i want 2 see the difference in height and that way i know i got what i spent all this money for. im also very intrested 2 go on some trail rides when its done. thats another reason why i would like 2 get it done.

86 4runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »
if you go with 8 inch lift springs and leave the 3 inch body lift your going to have 11 inches of lift and make some 37's look tiny, not to mention it will be way to top heavy and will be prone to flopping on its side. for what your going to do with it you dont really need a strait axle, crank your torsion bars up an inch and you can throw some 38's on there possibly with out doing any triming.
86 4 Runner SAS, 37 inch Toyo M/T's, E-Locker rear, Lock Right front. 30 spline Longs, 5.29's, Dual Cases, Warn XD9000i

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2005, 01:29:52 PM »
Yea stickers will make your rig way better on the trail.  If you put enough of them on your rig it'll end up getting trail rated! 

Sorry for the thread jack but is it really so tough to type out TO isntead of using the number 2?  Also U instead of typing out YOU etc.  Serious lack of the english knowledge being taught in schools today...  There is a use for capitalization, such as when refering to ones self as I, or the first letter of a sentence. 

86 4runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2005, 01:54:40 PM »
Yea stickers will make your rig way better on the trail. If you put enough of them on your rig it'll end up getting trail rated!

Sorry for the thread jack but is it really so tough to type out TO isntead of using the number 2? Also U instead of typing out YOU etc. Serious lack of the english knowledge being taught in schools today... There is a use for capitalization, such as when refering to ones self as I, or the first letter of a sentence.

i agree WT. i barely understand half of what people are writing. im not the best typer, so i don't capitalize everything, but i make sure everything is spelled correctly and i have the correct punctuation.

BY THE WAY you spelled instead wrong :gap:   come on get with it WT :rofl:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2005, 01:56:54 PM »
Yea stickers will make your rig way better on the trail.  If you put enough of them on your rig it'll end up getting trail rated! 

Sorry for the thread jack but is it really so tough to type out TO isntead of using the number 2?  Also U instead of typing out YOU etc.  Serious lack of the english knowledge being taught in schools today...  There is a use for capitalization, such as when refering to ones self as I, or the first letter of a sentence. 

WT, its that stupid Instant messenger talk.  I use IM, but I cant stand using all the slang for it and all that crap, does it really save that much time to type one letter as opposed to three :headscratch:

BACK TO THE  BUILD :_order:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

HaloFan1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2005, 08:03:45 PM »
alright sorry for the stupid questions. ill take them somewhere else. and you mention "lack of knowledge being taught in schools today".......... seriously man get a life........ if you guys really  want 2 talk crap about how someone types go ahead. it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or not being able type. get a life. if someone wants to do or buy something for there truck u shouldnt bash it or tell them not to. i was only tying to show off my truck and learn something. obiviously there are to many people in here concerned about how you type and what you type. you guys should really lighten up. im sure that there are other sets of forums that will be more helpful and be less A$$ holes than some of the NO IT ALLS in here. this was a good place to come for some answers to questions but now its only a place 2 get bashed.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2005, 08:12:44 PM by HaloFan1 »

No Power

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 200
  • Male Posts: 235
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2005, 09:14:18 PM »
These people wer just funnin. :yesnod:
There are a lot of good people on this board.
I understand that not everyone is into rock crawlin.
If you did not get the response that you wanted then
just take the good and leave the bad.
Still a lot of good folks on here though.
If that's how you want to build your truck
then so be it :thumbs:
Good luck with the build up.
Later,
Roll me back over !!!

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2005, 01:21:19 AM »
I'm not trying to bash on anyone.  Blackdog hit the nail squarely on the head.  I can barely understand what someone who basically learned to type by using a IM service has to say sometimes.  I can be a grouch sometimes but if you have a question you can count on me to answer you with no fluff or bs involved.  Ill give it to you straight whether you like the answer or not.  If I don't know the answer Ill find it or direct you to where you can find it yourself.  You need to lighten up mang, you said "this was a good place to come for some answers to questions but now its only a place 2 get bashed."  From the looks of it I'm the only one that has done any "bashing".  And its purely unintentional I assure you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 12:21:46 AM by WHITE_TRASH »

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2005, 11:39:07 AM »
alright sorry for the stupid questions. ill take them somewhere else. and you mention "lack of knowledge being taught in schools today".......... seriously man get a life........ if you guys really  want 2 talk crap about how someone types go ahead. it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or not being able type. get a life. if someone wants to do or buy something for there truck u shouldnt bash it or tell them not to. i was only tying to show off my truck and learn something. obiviously there are to many people in here concerned about how you type and what you type. you guys should really lighten up. im sure that there are other sets of forums that will be more helpful and be less A$$ holes than some of the NO IT ALLS in here. this was a good place to come for some answers to questions but now its only a place 2 get bashed.

Take it easy there, Halo
As far as I can see, all of your so called "stupid" questions have been answered to the best of peoples ability.  YOu may not get what you hoped to hear, but you got answers.  You wont find another forum that is as nice as this one, been there, tried that, you'll get flamed A LOT almost everywhere else.  Marlin has some great Moderators who keep the flaming down, to prevent it from spreading.  I've asked some extremely stupid questions here, and have had them answered.  You're gonna get some teasin, but this is an online community, and as such, I would like to consider most of these people my friends.  And I can expect teasing from freinds.  Sorry, if you got your feelings hurt, no offense was intended  :nope:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2005, 01:45:44 PM »
This board isn't about talking trash(we leave that to the pirate board). If you want to give someone a hard time about havin' fun go somewhere else. Some people like rocks, some like dunes, and some like mud( I used to 'til I realized how much I tore up everytime I went out). So to Halofan keep on diggin' in the mud! :driving:

P.S. I bet I can kick your ass in Halo 1 or 2 :yesnod:  :biggthumpup:
That's how I roll

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »
This board isn't about talking trash(we leave that to the pirate board). If you want to give someone a hard time about havin' fun go somewhere else. Some people like rocks, some like dunes, and some like mud( I used to 'til I realized how much I tore up everytime I went out). So to Halofan keep on diggin' in the mud! :driving:
I agree UNBREAKABLE. Offroading is like beer, you have different flavors you like best. Some guys like offroading in the rocks while others prefer the sand. Some people like Budweiser while others like Coors Lite. Some guys like offroading in the mud while others like a wfo throttle in the desert. Different strokes for different folks.
So Halo, keep on truckin  :beer:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

HaloFan1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »
Here is a Pic of my truck with my 35x12.50 Mickey's that I got put on yesterday.