Author Topic: What happening to this site  (Read 3492 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: What happening to this site
« Reply #30 on: Oct 23, 2022, 04:43:05 PM »
Funny how a stock to mild build 22R/E can last almost forever, Up to 50% increase can be almost as reliable. Playing with the rod/stroke ratio can improve the reliablity with hogher output engines. Then Toyota slapped a turbo on it. I think they were a bit hasty in that move. Problems I found with the 22R-TE include an inadequate exhaust system, and they used the 22R intake ports, not to mention the camshaft and ECU tuning.
Best thing to do with a 22R-TE is a higher compression with low boost, instead of increasing boost pressure. That would take advantage of the "dogleg" design swirl-port. Higher boost gets restricted with that port design, needs a reengineered port. Get rid of the dogleg and straighten the port, or just adapt a 20R head.
A freer flowing exhaust would have alleviated some of the issues with the turbo and manifold.
The cam allowed too much backflow against the intake. The ECU tuning was not well defined and sensors were a bit weak.
Toyota would have been better off superchaargung the 22RE.

But that's just me.

A $5,000 budget can build a 22RE that can make a hardcore "gotta keep my 22R" person happy. Do need the basic "intended use" info to start though. For the sake of torque I'd put the first $1500 into increasing the stroke.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Oct 23, 2022, 09:26:03 PM »
Wow,  talk about over complicating this thread.  This last reply is exactly what I was talking about in my first reply about some folks over powering every thread on this board. Free speech? All for it, chit chat being chit chat? Any subject matter on the board? All for it. Politics in chit chat? All for it.  That all being said some folks just have diarrhea of the vocal cords and it drives folks away in my opinion.. ok carry on.

Hit the nail on the head.  One member has ruined the site. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

a1gemmel

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 149
  • Member since Jun '21
  • Amateur shitbox whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Oct 26, 2022, 08:44:55 AM »
Mom can you pick me up they're arguing in the off-topic board again
1981 Pickup - 37s, 5.29s, L52, dual cases 4.7 rear, e-locker front, grizzly rear, 22R stroker
1986 4Runner - 35s, 5.29s, auto, front Detroit, rear trutrac, 4" lift

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Oct 27, 2022, 01:42:44 PM »
I remember back in the day here we had large threads about religious debates and that had absolutely no bearing on off-roading.. its was still enjoyable and if you wanted nothing to do with it then you could just skip the thread. But as already pointed out.. Politics has everything to do with off-roading and every other aspect of life. I think these threads on random forums is a good thing. If all you get is spoon fed media lies how will you ever get some truth? These are great places to talk about this kind of topic. You are here with friends who enjoy the same things as you for the most part who don't have an agenda. We are living in days where you cant just stick your head in the sand and pretend its going to get better or it wont affect you. If that is what you are trying to do.. hide from the scary world.. its time to wake up.