Author Topic: Stolen Fj40 and FJ45 - Ca central valley  (Read 3838 times)

pjohnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jun '03
    • View Profile
Stolen Fj40 and FJ45 - Ca central valley
« on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »
I am beyond depressed having to write this post...

Last weekend (April 4-5) thieves cleaned out a building where my 1966 FJ45 LPB and my 1973 FJ40 were stored. They took everything in the building both vehicles, a large pile of parts, two trailers, a tractor, tools, etc.

The location was Gustine Ca., near Los Banos in the central valley. The theft wasn't discovered until yesterday.

Please put the word out. As you all know, these are rare vehicles and I have no idea if the thieves even knew what took. The Fj45 was not running and waiting for it's restoration day.

Please contact me directly by PM or text at 408, 406, 9629 if you hear of anything. I am incredibly bummed :frown:

Marlin helped me pick up this truck many years ago out of Fresno.

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,226
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Stolen Fj40 and FJ45 - Ca central valley
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2020, 04:23:42 AM »
I am beyond depressed having to write this post...

pjohnson,

Sorry to read about the loss of those Toys.

This kind of criminal act and personal loss can be a devastating monetary and emotional loss.  And, unfortunately too often not recoverable.

I was in the physical security business for 5 years – video surveillance, access control, and fire alarm.  With the relatively inexpensive and wide range of technology we have access to today, I highly encourage anyone who has a concern or need for security protection to consider video camera systems.  They are now completely wireless, which means generally very easy to install – you don’t need to hire a security company.  These systems will immediately report and alert your cell phone to any detection.  Live and pre-recorded video can be viewed right on your cell phone. The video files can be stored and accessed in the cloud, which means a thief or a destruction (fire, flood, tornado, etc) cannot destroy the captured files.

Other detection devices can also be incorporated into these electronic security systems, like fire, smoke, gas, glass breakage, and motion.

Of course, these systems require a network connection.

No security systems is completely fool-proof, but they do provide a degree of safety, protection from loss and emotional comfort.

Many years ago, my boss owned and proudly drove an $80,000 Porche. He parked it in an underground parking structure in the middle of downtown Los Angeles.  Actually the same building that the original 1988 Die Hard movie was filmed. The parking area had walking guards 24/7. To enter the parking area you had to pass through a gate, then a guard in a shack and present ID. His Executive parking spot was assigned and in a private area, not accessible to the general public.  His rare Porche had the most sophisticated car alarm and anti-theft device you could buy.  One day after arriving to work, as usual he parked his car and elevatored up to his office.  About lunch time he went to get in his car and it was gone.  How could this happen!  Unfortunately, if a thief wants to steal your vehicle, they most likely will.  It was determined that the thieves wanted that car really badly.  They paid a security guard to get a pass code and card key to get in and out of the parking structure. They disabled the car’s security system, winched it up on a low-profile flat bed truck and drove off.  Naturally, to anyone observing it happening, they simply thought the vehicle was being towed to repair facility.  It was never recovered.

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2020, 10:00:12 AM »
This sucks!  The 45 should be easy to notice.  I would get ahold of any aftermarket company that restores them, and give them a heads up. 

True about thieves.  I know of buddies that had prized cars stolen out of locked shops, behind locked gates, and with security systems, and all simply disabled.  And no recovery to date. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

pjohnson [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jun '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »
Thanks guys. The Landcruiser and Toyota 4x4 community has been great. There are lots of folks keeping an eye out.

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
Eyes in Modesto.  Thieves suck.
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »
Eyes in Modesto.  Thieves suck.
Yep, now you know why we used to cut off one of their hands, and hang horse thieves.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

greenfox

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 66
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2020, 02:16:16 PM »
I will have my eyes open, And get the word out.
67fj45lpd
73fj40
74fj40soa
97fzj80

Draggingdiff

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Apr '21
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile