Author Topic: First thing(s) first... I got an '82 pickup and $20K, but little experience...  (Read 403 times)

undarian

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1
  • Member since Apr '18
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
She's being used for my adventure-tour company on Kauai, to access places in the mountains and on the soft/deep sand beaches that other vehicles can't go. The engine has been replaced, the power wiring and alternator has been upgraded and simplified, all rust in cab cut out, brand new headlights were just installed (Marlin's units  :biggthumpup: ), and new leaf springs and Bilstein shocks. Plans for every piece of the body other than the cab to be replaced with fiberglass, avoiding a lift with fender clearance, going to custom replace both axles/gearing for running a locking dually setup for both front and back.  (I appreciate any wisdom that helps with the build along the way; but don't tell me I can't do something, that only means you've never done it well  ;)  )  But I'm having a hell of a time finding small special components; headlight brackets/springs/screws and vent window hardware has become the next priority.  Everytime something breaks on Her, I use it as an opportunity to upgrade; and that will be the way it's done for as long as I'm around.  So, does anyone here know of any resources where I can get original/upgrade components for the finer details of my ride?
Mahalo!