Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!!  (Read 1967 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving!!
« on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »
I know I am a little early, but I am really thankful this week! 

I am thankful for such a great friend CrawlerDan is!!  He reminds me of Marlin in some ways, in how he is very helpful and thoughtful of others. Dan and I have helped each other in the past, especially when he lived near me.  Dan found a deal on a set of duals, and he thought of me.  He called me and it was awesome to say the least.  And before I knew it, he  delivered them to ExCabSwap buddies house in Medford/Grants Pass.  ExCabSwap went above and beyond too!  When I called him, he already had another friend already to go pick them up, and bring them up here to ExCabSwap.  Which is just costing me gas $.  And ExCabSwap is bringing them to a Toys for Tots run in Browns Camp Dec 10th!  And I just need to bring some cheese!  Squeaky, and something to put on a burger. 

These people have gone above and beyond!  All in the name of helping me out!!  I am thankful for their generosity, and kindness!!  Thank you very much!  Especially in a time were we are in right now.  A lot of people are in an unfriendly attitude.  It is incredible that these guys have stepped up and joined forces to get parts to me!

:respect:

I hope to be able to repay their kindness, either in person, or by paying it forward to help another out in need!     :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

:)bestgen4runner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 1,796
  • Member since Mar '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »
This is a great example of what makes this forum so great. The people.
Pass it on.
I am 1/5th of Perfect Fit
SqWADoosh [04:19 PM]: *sigh* I guess Chris is right and I just need to wait until I'm in a place where I have a tow rig and trailer before I get this caliber of truck
Mudder [08:28 PM]:   not try to be a jerk, but are you serious bestgen?
Prismo [06:11 PM]:   Done, time to relax or as Bestgen says....FREEDOM!
HogCanyonHopper [06:54 PM]:   I like my little rod. it gets the job done
H8PVMNT [03:30 PM]: I can go both ways.

Crocks

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 132
  • Member since Mar '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Right on! Hey, let shamb know I'm still beating the piss out of the runner n love it. Thanks happy thanksgiving
Shambs old 85 runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0
Since I've added, ARP knuckle studs, MC short throw, MC dual case mount. Arb front locker. Arb twin compressor, new rear seats and carpet

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,055
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thinking that we should all post the things that we're thankful for.

This has been a great year at my house.

In recent months my wife got a new drive that reduced her commute from close to an hour (including preschool drop off) to about 20 minutes including a 6 minute walk from preschool to her office.  Even though she drove the Civic the gas bill is still noticeably less.  I transferred to a different group at work and am enjoying work again.  I wasn't specifically unhappy with my job but was ready for a change so when an opportunity came up I went for it.  I'm now working longer days but they feel shorter and the extra income has been nice.

At home my kids are doing great and growing up.  We're now to a point where both kids are going to bed easily most of the time and our consistent training is starting to show in my 5 year old.  He's starting to verbalize his thoughts about what he should or shouldn't do which is an excellent sign of growth.  In the last few months we've really seen his mind take a leap forward.  He's now building complicated and organized things with Legos (following the instructions) and Lincoln Logs instead of just building random things.  It's been fun to watch the changes.

In the wheeling world I was able to go to Moab this year with CrankyCrawler, SqWADoosh, Mudmaster, :)bestgen4Runner, and liveoak and had an excellent trip with a great group of guys.  The connections have gotten me out doing a little more local wheeling than I have done in recent years.

All in all a very good year for me.  I hope everyone else is feeling blessed as well.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »
I agree BD!   :biggthumpup:

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2016, 03:15:03 PM »
I am thankful for a successful year at work, still having a job. Even more I am thankful for my daughter who turned a year old today. My 4 year old son is in good health and as normal as I cold hope for. This forum, all of its great people, and resources of information is another get thing to be thankful for.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck