Author Topic: What is wrong with Marlin Crawler?!?  (Read 9793 times)

alabamatoy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
What is wrong with Marlin Crawler?!?
« on: Oct 21, 2016, 02:33:09 PM »
So I order something from Marlin Crawler.  On Oct 17, I get an email with a Fedex tracking number.  Here it is, Oct 21, 4 days later, and the tracking number still shows as not found by Fedex (meaning it hasn't shipped).  What's the bloody deal, MC?  DO you ship once a week, and I just missed it this week?  Come on, ship the item already!!!

Mudder

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3487
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with Marlin Crawler?!?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »
Not a smart idea coming to the forum about this. Some will rip you a new one for it. But id call them on Monday. There is zero support for the business on this forum. It's their way of keeping it manageable.

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2016, 04:42:28 PM »
Getting a tracking number means they printed the shipping tag to go on the box once the order has been completed. It is likely that it was made a little ahead of time for one reason or another. Did you pay for a specific shipping/delivery service?  Give them a call if you're unhappy, the only thing you accomplish by posting here is giving them some bad PR that you don't know is warranted if you have not called them.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »
While any reason may be possible, I just had an order (not from Marlin Crawler) show a delivery date for late this past week via UPS. It showed up a week early and the tracking information didn't update as "DELIVERED" until 3 days later. Not saying this is what's happening with your order but until you know exactly what is happening on their end of things just employ a little patience and give them the opportunity to fill you in on what is going on. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with their product and it will be worth the wait. Definitely give them a call on Monday. BTW, they're closed on Fridays if ya didn't know.  :beerchug:

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Jan '16
  • Owner of Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2016, 02:23:12 AM »
I've only had good experiences with MC, Have they resolved your issue?
Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »
I've placed three orders with MC, and it's always been three day shipping where I live. Besides the time I went to Fresno, that was instant shipping
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2016, 09:11:29 AM »
Call them. 559-252-1295

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »
Call them. 559-252-1295

559-25-CRAWL :gap:
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2016, 07:17:49 PM »
had the same happen, don't worry. think it has more to do with ups than marlin. it will come.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

alabamatoy [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
Here it is, Oct 31, still no shipment.  Purchased Oct 17, 14 days later, no shipment.  And MC has had my $$ the whole time.  I don't think this is very good customer service.

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »
Here it is, Oct 31, still no shipment.  Purchased Oct 17, 14 days later, no shipment.  And MC has had my $$ the whole time.  I don't think this is very good customer service.

Have you made a phone call? They do not provide customer service on the forum.

Mudder

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3487
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
Freaking call them. Stop bitching on a forum about it. They don't come on here and will tell you just to call. And if they don't answer you call them again.

:)bestgen4runner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 1,796
  • Member since Mar '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Freaking call them. Stop bitching on a forum about it. They don't come on here and will tell you just to call. And if they don't answer you call them again.

I love you mudder. No sugar coating it when mudder is talking.
Tells it just like it is.  :thumbs:
I am 1/5th of Perfect Fit
SqWADoosh [04:19 PM]: *sigh* I guess Chris is right and I just need to wait until I'm in a place where I have a tow rig and trailer before I get this caliber of truck
Mudder [08:28 PM]:   not try to be a jerk, but are you serious bestgen?
Prismo [06:11 PM]:   Done, time to relax or as Bestgen says....FREEDOM!
HogCanyonHopper [06:54 PM]:   I like my little rod. it gets the job done
H8PVMNT [03:30 PM]: I can go both ways.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »

It's entirely possible that Marlin Crawler completely dropped the ball on your order.  It happens (sometimes spelled with a leading "sh").  If, on the outside chance, they did completely misplace your order and are thinking that it's already been shipped then your best option to get it resolved (i.e. remind them to ship it) would be to call them directly.

Posting on the forum is only slightly more likely to yield positive results than yelling at your TV is while watching sports.  You'd have to yell really loud for the players to actually hear you (assuming they would listen if they could) and I don't think that TYPING IN ALL CAPS will be enough to get Marlin Crawler's attention when the forum isn't used for customer support.

:toiletwait:

Don't wait any longer than is necessary by refusing to give them a call.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

alabamatoy [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
Two calls today to the number provided on the website, and no answer.  Im going to try again tomorrow, and if I get no answer, I am going to Visa and submitting it as a rip-off, and then Im going to the BBB and submitting a complaint.

I think Marlin Crawler has some really good products.  But I think their business acumen sux.  For them to host a site like this and have everyone on here chide me for posting customer support problems makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  This is Marlin Crawlers forum, is it not?  I cant get response via email, and I cant get response via phone call, and now Im told that I wont get a response via this forum (at least not from the business) then I say the business is screwed up as a kosher pork chop.

Right now, Marlin Crawler has had $600+ of my money for two weeks and all I got is a tracking number that is no longer is findable within fedex.  The part should take about 2 hours to mill for cryin out loud.  Sounds like a scam to me, does it not sound that way to you?

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
With Difftober going on and all that that entails, I'm not the least bit surprised that a "few" screw-ups might happen. Tighten your huggies and keep calling as they are busy as Heck filling Everyone's orders, not "just yours".   :therethere:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '16
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »
Two calls today to the number provided on the website, and no answer.  Im going to try again tomorrow, and if I get no answer, I am going to Visa and submitting it as a rip-off, and then Im going to the BBB and submitting a complaint.

I think Marlin Crawler has some really good products.  But I think their business acumen sux.  For them to host a site like this and have everyone on here chide me for posting customer support problems makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  This is Marlin Crawlers forum, is it not?  I cant get response via email, and I cant get response via phone call, and now Im told that I wont get a response via this forum (at least not from the business) then I say the business is screwed up as a kosher pork chop.

Right now, Marlin Crawler has had $600+ of my money for two weeks and all I got is a tracking number that is no longer is findable within fedex.  The part should take about 2 hours to mill for cryin out loud.  Sounds like a scam to me, does it not sound that way to you?
First of all, it's all over their forum that they don't provide customer service here. Second, they're not asking us to 'chide' you for complaining here. I'm poised that you can't figure out the difference between customer service and what a technical discussion is :laughing:

I find it hard to believe that everything on your end is perfect and it's the Marlin side that's messing up. But let's say for a moment that it is Marlin's side and it were ME that had paid $600+ (I've paid way more and waited longer no problems) .. I'd be calling in every 30 minutes until someone answered.

Ask for a manager, solve the problem, then complain to them.

If you think we're giving you a bad time go complain on pirate 4x4...

What if their CNC machine is getting serviced (or some other unconfirmed inconvenience) and a notification from Marlin went into your trash/spam folder?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »
I reached out to my contact in the company. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 677
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
i waited almost 6months for my link kit from 4wheel underground.. 2-3 months for my hellfire knuckles..and at least 30-40 days numerous times for king or fox shock orders.. all of which had way more capitol involved.. OP needs to Chill out... be patient. many people wait along time for parts, and if i was a shop owner. id refund your money.. and give the part to the next guy that actually values what they are waiting for..  oh wait i do have a shop.. and impatient people are not my forte ..

Blaaaahhhhhhhh

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »
This was just posted on Facebook:

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '16
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »
This was just posted on Facebook:

:thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 2016, 10:30:35 PM »
For what it's worth, our stores near there send out emails minimum 2-3 times a week that they've lost phone service. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

dbbowen

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 265
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawlin / St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2016, 10:03:40 AM »
I dont get this dudes post. Ive never had anything but wonderful expieriences with the Marlin CS guys. They answer my questions, help me with my build, and have even given me tech info and how-tos on the phone. Like who does that? Sure they are busy... but that says a lot about them as a company... you WANT the company to busy aka they are doing well because they have a great product. If the phone line is busy, I hang up and call again later. This isnt Walmart, its a specialty company. I dont think bashing them on here or calling the BBB on them is going to do anything but make you look foolish. I mean it took you like 8 thread posts up there before you even called them! I just ordered over 4k worth of parts from them this month... Guess what? I havent received them.... Im not mad, things have to be built.... Coming from the 25 year old I am.... PATIENCE young grasshopper

alabamatoy [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
OK, so now its almost 4 weeks.  Original purchase, October 17.  After several phone calls, I finally got a call back, they left a message to call, and after a few more tries I got hold of someone at MC.  The CNC mill is broke, they told me.  This was Thursday, Nov 3.  They have had over $600 of my money since Oct 17.  And they sent me no notice saying, hey we've run into a problem until repeated phone calls and email apparently forced a response.  And no, it didn't go into spam, good grief.

I deal with lots of vendors both in my hobbies (4X4, Porsches, firearms etc) and in my professional life (network security) and I have never had this kind of piss-poor service.  I am stuck right now because I need the damned part, but my build is dead in the water waiting for Marlin Crawler to provide the product I paid for weeks ago.

My friend helping me with this build is a pro, owns his own mechanic/fab business (weekend access to his lift and plasma in exchange for hours helping him with his customer's work).  I asked him about MC and he corroborated my experience.  In his words, "never again". 

Yall bash me all you want, I don't give a fart in a hurricane.  I want people to know that while MC products might be really great stuff, their business is crap and their customer service is non-existent.  According to my friend who has bought lots of stuff from them (but no more) they send the wrong parts, refuse to make things right on multiple occasions, and overall their customer service is just horrible.  I wish I had discussed this with him before making the purchase, as I would have a TG doubler installed two weekends ago and the build would be that much farther along.  Instead, I'm waiting for MC to get their damned mill fixed.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2016, 09:23:24 PM »
OK, so now its almost 4 weeks.  Original purchase, October 17.  After several phone calls, I finally got a call back, they left a message to call, and after a few more tries I got hold of someone at MC.  The CNC mill is broke, they told me.  This was Thursday, Nov 3.  They have had over $600 of my money since Oct 17.  And they sent me no notice saying, hey we've run into a problem until repeated phone calls and email apparently forced a response.  And no, it didn't go into spam, good grief.

I deal with lots of vendors both in my hobbies (4X4, Porsches, firearms etc) and in my professional life (network security) and I have never had this kind of piss-poor service.  I am stuck right now because I need the damned part, but my build is dead in the water waiting for Marlin Crawler to provide the product I paid for weeks ago.

My friend helping me with this build is a pro, owns his own mechanic/fab business (weekend access to his lift and plasma in exchange for hours helping him with his customer's work).  I asked him about MC and he corroborated my experience.  In his words, "never again". 

Yall bash me all you want, I don't give a fart in a hurricane.  I want people to know that while MC products might be really great stuff, their business is crap and their customer service is non-existent.  According to my friend who has bought lots of stuff from them (but no more) they send the wrong parts, refuse to make things right on multiple occasions, and overall their customer service is just horrible.  I wish I had discussed this with him before making the purchase, as I would have a TG doubler installed two weekends ago and the build would be that much farther along.  Instead, I'm waiting for MC to get their damned mill fixed.

Why didn't you request a refund so that you could go buy TG?  I would be surprised if they would refuse if they cannot give you a product now.

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '16
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »
Why didn't you request a refund so that you could go buy TG?  I would be surprised if they would refuse if they cannot give you a product now.
This ^

dbbowen

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 265
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawlin / St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
Yeah, I feel like theres a reason you havent gotten a refund yet, and its not on MC's side. Get your refund dude. Ill wait for my MC parts.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2016, 07:27:59 AM »
Yeah, I feel like theres a reason you havent gotten a refund yet, and its not on MC's side. Get your refund dude. Ill wait for my MC parts.

some people like to complain and badmouth

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 09, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »
We do not normally monitor the forum for sales and service activity so I am sorry we missed this one. One of our sales associate has contacted the OP with his order status.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa: