Author Topic: MSNBC gun poll........ha!  (Read 4344 times)

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: MSNBC gun poll........ha!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2016, 02:08:30 PM »
While I do believe that Americans should be allwoed to be armed... to what extent are we talking about? open carry? concealed carry?

I am a gun owner, but it would trip me out if I was at Safeway and saw someone with an AR15 slung on his back....

When I was in the Air Force, overseas, everyone open carried, so it was different... All military open carried
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

H8PVMNT

• Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »
I have an odd opinion about concealed carry.  I have no problem with either, but what is more of a deterrent to someone wanting to cause harm or commit a crime, a 9mm glock hidden under your coat or a 44 mag in pain site on your hip?

I find open carry more honest in principal.  Like I said I have no problem with either.  Too bad everyone is so full of fear these days that you can't open carry without someone freaking out.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
I find open carry more honest in principal.  Like I said I have no problem with either.  Too bad everyone is so full of fear these days that you can't open carry without someone freaking out.

Alot of truth here.  I have a concealed permit for my state.  I got it for 2 reasons, 1. avoiding the 15 day handgun wait we had in Oregon back in the early 90's, 2. I could keep my firearms out of sight in my rigs when I wasn't near them.  ie, in town running errands
But I rarely ever carried.  I have open carried a pistol several times, but that is only when I am going out to shoot, or coming back, and needed to stop by the store for something.  But the whole time, I feel everybody staring at me.  So I will usually wear a long over shirt or coat to conceal it. 

What makes me laugh is the people who open carry to make a statement, but if you look closely, their firearms are unloaded.  No magazine in the firearm. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »
What makes me laugh is the people who open carry to make a statement, but if you look closely, their firearms are unloaded.  No magazine in the firearm. 

While some places allow open carry, they do not allow the firearms to be loaded.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,254
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »
While some places allow open carry, they do not allow the firearms to be loaded.

An unloaded fire arm???......  You might as well be armed with a crescent wrench or can of beer!

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

~ Clint Eastwood
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2016, 07:50:02 AM »
I have never heard of that policy.

The only policy I ever see, is "no firearms allowed" signage.  But if your concealed how are they to know?  And they don't frisk you or have metal detectors at the door.   Except for Disneyland.  They decided to check me, not the usual open your bag check.  But I got the empty your pockets check.  And I had a small Leatherman micra tool.  They told me to toss it or take it back to my rig.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

H8PVMNT

• Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:59:23 AM »
I have never heard of that policy.

The only policy I ever see, is "no firearms allowed" signage.  But if your concealed how are they to know?  And they don't frisk you or have metal detectors at the door.   Except for Disneyland.  They decided to check me, not the usual open your bag check.  But I got the empty your pockets check.  And I had a small Leatherman micra tool.  They told me to toss it or take it back to my rig.

Well you might have pulled out somebody's nose hair with it.  Imagine the trauma to the kids there.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2016, 02:25:59 AM »
open carry is a misnomer.... ok, so you have an open carry (loaded gun on your hip) guy walks up behind you and puts a gun in your back.... he is already at an advantage... you now, can't get to your weapon without taking him out first.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,254
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2016, 07:04:25 AM »
According to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division Stats for 2013

Murder Victims by weapon:

Rifles – 285 (this includes the notorious “assault rifles”)

Hand guns – 5,782

Knives or cutting instruments – 1,490

So there were over 5 times the number of murders committed with a knife than with a rifle.

I don’t see anyone wanting to ban “assault” knives???? 

The 2nd Amendment has been working fine for over 200 years.  :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein