Author Topic: 1988 Toyota Pickup 22re EFI need help troubleshooting a FP B+ jumper ''NO FP ON'  (Read 2111 times)

buckz6319

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
1988 Toyota Pickup 4X4 22re EFI need help troubleshooting a FP B+ jumper ''No FP ON'' issue

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it!!

This is my boss's truck, he bought it new...what a testament to longevity and durability of these machines :thumbs:

The boss had a new fuel pump installed a couple of months ago, the engine cranked and ran fine until a few weeks ago.

The issue...
right now, engine cranks and starts fine when cold, drives fine, shut engine off at normal operating temp, she will crank but not start...until the engine sets a long time and cools back down to cold, then she will crank and start.

With the engine at the ''No Start" time..it has spark, but no fuel. I tried the FP B+ jumper and ''NO FUEL PUMP POWER''
truck will crank but not start.

I can jump from B+(Positive Battery Terminal) to FP (Fuel Pump, bypassing the circuit) and '' I GET POWER TO THE FUEL PUMP, TRUCK WILL CRANK AND START, RUN FINE''  (the Open Circuit Relay is connected) but after about 30 minutes at idle, the engine will die, even while the Fuel Pump is still pumping? I have changed the original fuel filter.

When the engine dies while the Fuel Pump is still connected from jumper FP  to the Positive Battery Terminal, and FP is still running, she don't want to start :headscratch:

I think a bad OCR maybe at fault? but not 100% on that...

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
when its cold, turn key to almost start, should hear click near glovebox, that's the open circuit relay, once it dies,after its warm, try listening for the click, if no click, bad OCR :thumbs:
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.