Author Topic: So I accidentally bring a knife to school...  (Read 12582 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: So I accidentally bring a knife to school...
« Reply #30 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:04:44 PM »
I already get dirty looks from "bubbles" and the main principal... Im not sure, I dont really want to risk my whole future over this by taking it to court and everything.

Its like the story of the guy(I really dont know if this is true or not, but I saw it on Liar Liar and on the net) that broke in to someones house, fell down from skylight, and landed on a knife, hurt himself and sued the owner of the house and HE won.

RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:06:46 PM »
Did you say the truck is registered to your parents?  Is your name on the title at all?

See that makes a difference legally.  I'll give you an example.  I leave a gun in someone elses car(assume that's illegal).  The police pull this car over and illegally search that car (no warrant, no cause, no consent from owner).  The owner of the car had his rights violated.  So if the police find something illegal in the car that belongs to him, that evidence will be thrown out.  But if the police find my gun that is another story.  My rights were not violated.  It's not my car.  I have no expectation of privacy in someone else's car.  So that evidence is admissible.  It's called standing, I have no standing to challenge the government action since my rights were not violated.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it works.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »
My name is not on the title at all. Only place my name is at is on the Insurance, but its not on the card that is in my truck at the moment.

GET IT!!!

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:18:12 PM »
Now your parents won't be able to sue either (Well technically they can, anyone can sue for anything) because they suffered no injury.  Take my same example from above.  Change the facts a liitle.  So now the police search the car illegally (no warrant, no cause, no consent) and they don't find anything at all.  Can you sue?  They illegally searched your car right?  Of course you can sue but you wont win.  No injury, no damages!!! No money, nothing.  The court with say... "yes, his rights were violated but since there was no injury you get nothing"  Sucks I know but that's how it works.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:25:16 PM »
Dammit. There is always loopholes in the freakin court system/government.

I really appreciate your help on this. I was going to call my cousin, ex police chief for Paradise, CA, but he would probably say the same thing. I really wish something would happen to this situation. Like, when we buy our parking permits, there should be a desclaimer that any faculty member will have the right to search your car, or something. We should really be warned and/or have written documentation that they might go into your vehicle.

GET IT!!!

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:27:04 PM »
This last week there was a kid who was told that they couldn't have a picture of there brother in Iraq because there was a weapon in the picture.

This level of crazy parinoia will not stop untill schools are forced to stop being stupid.

Yeah.  I saw that.  Totally lame.  Will they be just as strict when someone has a picture of a police officer.  I remember back in High School in the Career Services Office they had brochures for Police and Military.  They had posters up "Join the Marines".  They all had pictures of firearms in them.  What are they going to say?

SORRY THEY'RE ALL BANNED!!!  WE WOULDN"T WANT KIDS TO GET THE WRONG IDEA
'04 Taco DC 4x4

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:31:47 PM »
Dammit. There is always loopholes in the freakin court system/government.

Well it's in your best interest to move on, if you push the school they might push back.  They may still be able to expell you.  "after further consideration we believe (insert name here) should be expelled.

If it bugs you that much get good grades and that diploma go to college and think about going to law school and become a civil rights attorney.  With the way things are going in this country right now, I don't think there will be a shortage of work.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:52:08 PM »
Yes from now I am just going to say whatever. Especially since now I know the laws on this, sorta. It bugs me pretty good but I dont know that I am smart enough to be a lawyer. And It takes lots of time. Thanks for all the adive... :thumbs:

GET IT!!!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sep 14, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »
This is an old thread, but I somehow came across it.  I graduated from a small town in nor cal in 93 and there were almost always hunting rifles or shotguns in numerous kids back windows and nobody ever said a thing about it.  I understand them wanting to be safe and all, but they should not be allowed to go into a vehicle, let alone put it in a car trunk to be "accidentally forgotten" later.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sep 14, 2005, 10:12:56 PM »
Dude I was thinking, this was here a while back...

Anyway that knife is still in my truck. They all can eat a richard if they give me :pokinit: again.  That was such BS and if that ever happens again ill be even more pissed then I was the first time.

GET IT!!!

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Oct 10, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »
IT HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY!!! I was pissed... This time they didnt go thorugh my truck though. They still made a big deal out of it, cause I had it for wheelin this weekend.

GET IT!!!

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Oct 10, 2005, 08:14:11 PM »
Well...what you should do is get one of them plastic airsoft guns, they got some that look very real. Paint the lil orange tip black and leave that laying in your truck. :yesnod: that'll get their pantys up in a bunch.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Oct 10, 2005, 08:45:48 PM »
maybe you should put the knife in your glove box.  I am glad I didn't and still don't go to your school cause in high school I used to skip 1st period all the time and go duck hunting and then come back for 2nd period and leave ALL my stuff in the truck.  I never got busted and have parked my truck at my new school probably 5 days with my rifle behind the seat and drove as a carpool on a field trip like that.

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Oct 10, 2005, 08:48:09 PM »
Okay RHG by law you aren't allowed to paint the orange tips on the airsoft guns black. So this same type of thing happened at my high school last year. A friend at the time had a lifted 1990 toyota truck and he always did the curb park and one day the Woodinville Police Department came by and ran a drug dog by every single car in the parking lots. They got a hit on his car and found a switchblade in his locked glovebox inside of his locked truck and he had completley forgotten that it was in there. He got suspended and the cops took the spring out of the knife and gave it back to him. It was dumb because the cops took out a bunch of stuff out of his truck and just left it on the ground and made him clean it all up when they were looking for drugs, which they did not find.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Oct 10, 2005, 09:18:09 PM »
All this over a knife!  I never had yard Nazis at my high school, but it was pre-Columbine, so I'm not sure what they "can" and "can't" do.  Durring deer season I had a arsenal of guns and ammo in the back of my truck that would have put the local police dept. to shame and I always parked it on school property.  I also had several knives that could have been found on me at any time but never thought of hurting anyone with these weapons.

Lilbuddy, don't let Bubbles or the principles dirty looks scare you, cause they are just using intimidation tactics cause they know they were wrong and they want to keep you quiet.  I wonder what the authorites would do if they found an illegal substance in Bubbles' car? Hmm...  I know at my school the cops would search the parking lot with drug sniffing dogs and several people were expelled because of it.

By the way, the easiest way to break into a '83 and older Toy is to shove a straw up under the door handle (with the handle lifted up) to pop up the interior nub of a handle.  I saw this done back when I was in high school.  BTW, I locked my keys in my taco this weekend and used a stiff putty knife to pop open the back slider window - it took me less than 30 seconds and this was my first time trying.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Oct 10, 2005, 10:28:30 PM »
Yeah, I dont have a key to my doors so I rely on the slider being unlocked to get in.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Oct 11, 2005, 12:21:47 AM »
:rofl: Sorry lilbuddy bout this thread highjack but I gotta do it. I was at my girlfriend at the times house and we were uhm well you know, getting a little hot in her room. Well to keep this clean I'll jump to the part where her dad decided to come home a lil intoxicated and barge into her room. He also keeps a loaded gun just at the top of the stairs in the closet. You get the idea. I was outa that bed down the stairs so fast i didnt even realize that I had left my keys laying on her dresser. Luckily for me I was driving my ranger that had a busted slider and would start without a key. I could fix my slider on my toyota if I felt like it but why for...its saved my ass before :greengrin: and I also keep a spare key stashed "somewhere" for just incase.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

yotabj

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:16:01 PM »
That makes me mad go  stab them all
'84  Truggy EFI swap ,5.29's Detroit,welded,Dual Ultimate Cases,22re,3 in. downey,4 in.Marlin Front springs on back  114 wb ,39.5 Rockers,30 Spline Longs

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 03, 2005, 08:37:34 PM »
For all you that posted "sue her :blah:"  your ignorant...

I can gurantee you getting a lawyer over something this dumb wont change a thing at all, so what if she took a $30 knife out of your vehicle?  I understand you being PO'd because someone got into your personal property without you knowing about it but face the facts. In this day and age school's are faced with whacked out kids with horrible parents that bring guns to school and go on a shooting spree to prove.... something?!?!   

Obviously teachers and staff have to be very cautious about this and do what they can to keep that kind of crap from happening in schools.

I say just get your knife back, dont bring it back to school.. end of story.. no reason to pursue this because no harm was done. I could see you taking action if they actually decided to try and expell you or falsely accuse you for something you didn't do but all they did was take it for a day, no harm done.

It really pisses me off when people think that SUEING SOMEONE is the faw-king answer to all your problems.. just shows how ignorant some people really are...
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 03, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »
bubbles wow, what a character. shes been there forever. i remember when i was a freshmen or soph there i was walking to lunch and on the corner of the parking lot there would be tons of kids waiting to cross the street to walk over to the safeway complex. you know chris. so her cart was there and she was on the corner. i through a bunch of those glass stink bombs in her cart and stomped on them. people got a kick out of that.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 04, 2005, 02:43:26 PM »
heres a little picture for you all to get a good idea of who this "bubbles" character is. this picture was taken about 6 years ago when i was a freshmen there.

-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 09, 2005, 12:49:18 AM »
yea, shes so hot....i know
-kiyul-
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER