Author Topic: Getting rid of Satellite TV. What do you have?  (Read 732 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Getting rid of Satellite TV. What do you have?
« on: Aug 27, 2014, 09:32:40 PM »
So, the wife and I are seriously thinking of getting rid of our Dish tv service. We don't watch that much tv, only a few specific shows. So, we are looking into Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu. But not sure what to expect. We don't watch much news, if we do, its mainly for the weather. Not really into watching sports. We are seriously behind in movie watching. Most the movies we wanted to see in the theater, are out in the $9.99 DVD section at the grocery/one stop store.  :lol:

What box or system are you using? What internet speed should I be using for this service. I've been told that Roku 3 is one of the best out there. We have a WII, but I hear they aren't that great for this. We are just trying to trim the fat in our bills. And our Dish bill is $76.99 a month. I know Netflix is $7.99 a month starting.

So, what do you all have and recommend?
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of Satellite TV. What do you have?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2014, 09:39:41 PM »
Netflix and Hulu is what we have bro. I play it off of our wii. It works, were like u, not much sports or tv watchers. As far as internet speed we have the step up from basic att uverse. Hardly buffers for netflix, but every now and then it'll buffer for hulu crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of Satellite TV. What do you have?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2014, 01:40:53 PM »
Antenna tv !
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?