Author Topic: LA County OKs fine for throwing football/frisbee on beaches  (Read 2692 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

In passing the 37-page ordinance on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.

According to Lucy Kim, from the LA County Department of Beaches and Harbors, a first-time offender will have to pay a $100 fine. For a second offense, beach-goers will face a $200 fine. Three or more infractions within one year will result in a $500 fine, Kim said.

The updated rules now prohibit “any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object other than a beach ball or volleyball “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit, or playing water polo “in or over the Pacific Ocean”.

However, during the winter off-season, the new rules will be relaxed.

Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.

Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only.

:shake:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
Yup... wow :( more stupid people rules.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
wow.... la sucks.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
It's not about disrupting or injuring the public...................

:headshake: :headshake:

It's about collecting revenue.....

:yupyup: :yupyup:

Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
WOW!! It's BS like this that makes me never want to go to Cali......
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
37 PAGES!

I love government. It's sobering (sorry to use that word, brainlessfool) to think that at one time, not that long ago, California was THE place to go. The free-est land in the land of the free. Now it's like a too small jock...it makes my cods hurt.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

GONZO97

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 48
  • Male Posts: 612
  • Member since Apr '09
  • travel the path less taken
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Mattress Xpress
    • Buy me a beer
Its about time this law passed, do you know how many times frisbees have interrupted my sun bathing?  :stopit:
1997 4Runner Limited 3" lift on 31 M/Ts-Traded
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61054.msg749103#msg749103
1995 Xtended Cab SAS on 35's Dual Cases-Sold
1991 4Runner SAS on 33s RUF 63's in the back Bilsteins all the way around, 5.29s front and rear Detroit locked Front and Rear http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=65180.0
1988 4Runner 3.0 V6--SOLD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=97592.msg1086573#msg1086573
1996 Toyota 4Runner 3.4 V6 3" OME Lift Springs 33" Duratracs

The Build:
Coming Soon

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
37 PAGES!

I love government. It's sobering (sorry to use that word, brainlessfool) to think that at one time, not that long ago, California was THE place to go. The free-est land in the land of the free. Now it's like a too small jock...it makes my cods hurt.

And people wonder why our state is broke....
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
And people wonder why our state is broke....

No...no, we know why your state is broke(N).

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.
Today a Frisbee -- tomorrow, what, Tiddlywinks? You could put someone's eye out!

Just think, the wizards who dream up this :pokinit: are paid by our tax dollars.  :thumbdown:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Ha, ha, you can still play with your Frisbee or football in O.C., yes L.A. sucks big. More L.A. Nanny state thinking, after growing up in Santa Monica I made a beeline for anywhere but L.A. So now I'm in Huntington Beach in Orange County, one of the few Conservative counties in the state.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Ha, ha, you can still play with your Frisbee or football in O.C., yes L.A. sucks big. More L.A. Nanny state thinking, after growing up in Santa Monica I made a beeline for anywhere but L.A. So now I'm in Huntington Beach in Orange County, one of the few Conservative counties in the state.

Yup, when I sold ammo the Costa Mesa gun show was probably our biggest show in the entire state of CA. When I joined the company I had no idea something like it existed in LA. :haha: