Author Topic: Propane...has anyone ran an impco model 100 mixer?  (Read 4722 times)

bluetoy84

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -100
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Jun '04
  • rice bouncer
    • View Profile
Propane...has anyone ran an impco model 100 mixer?
« on: Aug 08, 2007, 08:20:24 AM »
I know that a model 100 mixer seems a little small for a 22r, but I was thinking I have seen someone running one. If so how did it perform?

The reason I'm asking is that I acquired a complete propane setup off of a forklift for free, it has a model J regulator, a VFF30 fuel lock and a model 100 mixer. I'm sure the regulator and the fuel lock will work but I was wondering if the model 100 mixer will be enough.

If anyone has ran one of these or has any advice I would appreciate the info.  Thanks.  :biggthumpup:
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE..............need I say more?

tanabuse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 185
  • Member since Dec '09
  • sleeper, any time any trail any where
    • View Profile
the 125 mixer works grate
Turning
Over after
Years
Of
Trail
Aabuse

dirtchicken

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -44
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
A 225 is a bare minimum for a mixer on a 22R. You might max it out. Model E vaporizer. The vff 30 is good.

possume22

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
well i run a 100 mixer and a model j vaporizer and the eletric lockoff straight off of a forklift my 22 r runs fine offroad only so i dont know if it lacks power for the street as a dd. it did run fine down some back roads with 33s you might lose a little power at wot because the setup is only rated for up to 100 hp unless you run wot all the time you will be happy

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
 :think:  really?     I know where there's two propane forklifts at the junkyard.

possume22

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
yes and it really cleans up your engine and most of them will have a orbital steering valve for hydro steering to

tanabuse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
well i run a 100 mixer and a model j vaporizer and the eletric lockoff straight off of a forklift my 22 r runs fine offroad only so i dont know if it lacks power for the street as a dd. it did run fine down some back roads with 33s you might lose a little power at wot because the setup is only rated for up to 100 hp unless you run wot all the time you will be happy

what is this wot you are talking about? and about propane on the street its ok but unless you got a fresh  motor u will have to keep you foot in it well i least i do old and tired 20 R baby 

well i have drove my 80 on the street wit a 20R  and a  impco ca 125 carb a model J vaporizer and a vff30 i pulled off a eary 70s 2wd works grate im running 33" tsl super swamps, 529s and duals yes there is a little bit of power loss at top end but thats about it 
Turning
Over after
Years
Of
Trail
Aabuse

yotarunner85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 166
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile

what is this wot you are talking about?   

wot = Wide Open Throttle
1985 Toyota 4Runner, BFG 35" MTs, 4" lift, Detroits lockers front & rear,5.29, V6 rear, rebuilt 22RE.

tanabuse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
ah
Turning
Over after
Years
Of