Author Topic: Rock of my Salvation +  (Read 2995 times)

greg_k113

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 224
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Rock of my Salvation +
« on: Mar 01, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »
Anyone out there in the Marlin Crawler community trusting in Jesus for there salvation? Share your testimony.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of my Salvation +
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
Quite a few do.  Several have had multiple discussions throughout the chitchat camp, and there is a prayer request thread as well.  Feel free to check it out.

Myself, I personally know Jesus Christ to be my lord and savior, however, at this time, I have no interest in organized religion.  It has nothing to do with God, but rather his so called "people."  The issues I have directly concern hypocrisy, self centeredness, and discrimination.
I am fully capable and willing to engage in debate, concerning all issues of Christianity.  I've been a church goer since birth, up to about a year ago. 
There has been no loss of faith, but rather a loss of trust in humanity as a whole.

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

greg_k113 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2010, 05:52:21 AM »
So many people confuse Christianity with Religion and to some people it is a Religion and so many people are turned off because they confuse Christ with Christians.Now I no there are alot of Church goers that have a holier than though attitude and really hurt the gospel of Jesus Christ by doing the opposite if what Christ commanded us to do wich is love.Many Christians would rather be the judge of people. So having said all that we are all sinner's saved by the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and people in Church mess up too. So I would try to find a Church that preach's the the Bible and their number one concern is having peoples Lives Changed By Christ not denominational technicalities.
                                       Not Religion
                                                  Relationship
                                                          Greg

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2010, 06:50:35 AM »
Jason (BD) I'm with ya brother.  I've always hated going to church cause of the hypocrisy and judgmental bastards.  My church is nature, nothing like sitting on top of a mountain top, or a beautiful stream and being in what god created.  That is my church.  And I hate :tantrum: when people tell me that I HAVE to go to church to believe in god, I call BS!!!  This is my view and I'm not gonna condemn what makes you feel comfortable.  But this is my belief. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

greg_k113 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »
True God's Earth is beautiful but you should worship the creator not the creation.Take your focus off Church and Christians and what people say and find out who the real Jesus is. What you deicide to do with Jesus wether it's except or reject decides your eternal destiny and choosing nothing is the same as rejecting him.The problem is everyone focus' on people and Christians being hipocrits but salvation comes from putting your Faith and Trust in Jesus' Death and Resurection on the Cross to pay the world's sin debt not on behavior and good works. Sounds to good to be true well it's not. That's the thing about  Jesus you don't even have to clean youself up to be saved, by putting your faith and trust in him makes you a child of God and at that moment the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you and God will begin to work in your life. Best part is it's FREE!

Jesus told him, I am the way the truth and the life.No one can come to the Father except through me.
                                                                  John 14:6

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »
I believe Jesus himself went into the wilderness when he wanted to get close to God.  Moses was alone when God spoke to him in the burning bush, and again when he received the 10 commandments. 

The Bible is strewn with references of people going into nature, or just alone to be with God. 

Cheesy didn't say he worshipped nature, he said he went to be in what God created.  Personally, God's creation is far more beautiful to be in than any man made place of worship. 

The reasons I haven't gone to church in a while are my own, and my own to determine whether they are correct.  Does the fact that I haven't gone to church in a while mean I've fallen away from God?  Does it mean I've fallen out of his favor?  I think not.  As you mentioned, it is a PERSONAL relationship, not a singular religion.  What is right for one isn't necessarily right for another.  I choose at this time not to attend church.  Cheesy spends his time in God's country.  Neither of those choices are wrong for us as individuals, but they may be wrong for someone else.   

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »
The reasons I haven't gone to church in a while are my own, and my own to determine whether they are correct. 

Very well said Jason  :thumbs:  Nobody has a right to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to prove your devotion.  If they do it kinda makes it more like a cult  :_oops:  I have to think that if your god were to hear that others were telling them what they have to do to prove their faith, he'd ask them what gave them the right to tell others what to do. 

That's just my :twocents: as somebody who's not the slightest bit religious so  ;)
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

greg_k113 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »
Well if you read my post it say's nothing about Church attendence. Although I do believe going to Church is a good idea to worship, learn and grow as a Follower of Jesus Christ.My whole goal is to get people to take ther focus off whatever bad experience they may have had at Church or  Christian who may be a hippocrit and focus on Jesus Christ the Savior of the world.Salvation can't come from Church attendance or spending time in nature.not saying those are bad things in fact they are both great things but Salvation comes from having your sins forgiving by putting your Faith and trust in Jesus Christ. That his death on the cross was payment for your sins.
                  If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and beleive in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
Very well said Jason  :thumbs:  Nobody has a right to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to prove your devotion.  If they do it kinda makes it more like a cult  :_oops:  I have to think that if your god were to hear that others were telling them what they have to do to prove their faith, he'd ask them what gave them the right to tell others what to do. 

That's just my :twocents: as somebody who's not the slightest bit religious so  ;)

:gap: thanks Nate.

Well if you read my post it say's nothing about Church attendence. Although I do believe going to Church is a good idea to worship, learn and grow as a Follower of Jesus Christ.My whole goal is to get people to take ther focus off whatever bad experience they may have had at Church or  Christian who may be a hippocrit and focus on Jesus Christ the Savior of the world.Salvation can't come from Church attendance or spending time in nature.not saying those are bad things in fact they are both great things but Salvation comes from having your sins forgiving by putting your Faith and trust in Jesus Christ. That his death on the cross was payment for your sins.
                  If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and beleive in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Actually, your first response did mention church attendance :D  , but that is besides the point. 

None of the responses above have indicated any opposition to the statements you make concerning the basic structure of the Christian faith.  However, you've given essentially the same structured arguements in each response.  You keep going back to salvation.  Salvation has nothing to do with my choices or cheesemaker's.  The path to salvation is a path each person must take for himself, and each person's path of faith will suffer its ups and downs along the way.  As you said, no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes.  However, mistakes have consequences, and those consequences often affect other people.  Some of those consequences have determined how cheesemaker and I feel about certain things. Neither of our choices have indicated a disbelief in God, or even a falling away.  Why is it you keep going back to salvation? :dunno:

-Ronald Reagan

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »
 :popcorn:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »
Well put Jason and Nate.  :clap2:  I've had this debate with many people, my best friends mom (a lic. minister), some of my best friends that have various levels of faith, Rabbi Simpkin, and family that are Witness's.  And it all boils down to your own personal belief.  If I feel closer to god on a mountain top, along a stream, or a grassy meadow, then so be it.  I don't believe in organized religion, but I believe in faith itself. 

According to Wikipedia, I will have salvation, through good deeds.
 Link --  "Some religions claim that salvation can be attained by using only inner human resources such as meditation, accumulation of wisdom, asceticism, rituals, or good deeds."

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2010, 07:58:58 AM »

Link --  "Some religions claim that salvation can be attained by using only inner human resources such as meditation, accumulation of wisdom, asceticism, rituals, or good deeds."

Did you put this up sarcastically or do you really believe it?

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »
Hmm....author=chim link=topic=67999.msg825421#msg825421 date=1268198919
 :popcorn:
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »
Hilux.. Your link didnt work...

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
I'm just throwing a little  :bull crap: out there for laughs on that one.  I felt that it didn't need a  :ha_ha: on it.  Because it came from WikiPedia.   :shake_head:

In all reality, I am a good Christian, end of story.  To alot of people, that is not enough!!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2010, 12:15:21 AM »

:rofl:

:headscratch:  Is that the latest religion?  Wikepedian?  :gap:

-Ronald Reagan

greg_k113 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2010, 04:51:29 AM »
For it is grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift from God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2010, 06:23:24 AM »

:headscratch:  Is that the latest religion?  Wikepedian?  :gap:

Finally, my work here is done!  I've touched one soul with laughter.   :rofl2:

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
Finally, my work here is done!  I've touched one soul with laughter.   :rofl2:

I wanted to laugh with you... but I was like wait... what if this is legit to him! ;)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
For it is grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift from God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10

Good verse, but I think we've covered how salvation works :gap:

Just check wikipedia!

-Ronald Reagan

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:14:41 PM »
Greg.. I understand what you want to do with this thread, but the people who are responding are the same ones who have usually always been involved in lengthy discussions on Jesus Christ and salvation, and all sorts of doctrine... Which is why the mood you are receiving is pretty light.. So don't get discouraged, but be encouraged that you are talking to brothers in the faith :)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
but be encouraged that you are talking to brothers in the faith :)

Except for me  ;)  :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2010, 12:50:54 AM »
Except for me  ;)  :haha:

:therethere:

It's ok Nate, we love you anyway 

-Ronald Reagan

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »
Hey Greg!  Where'd you go?  :headscratch: 

-Ronald Reagan

greg_k113 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2010, 05:34:56 AM »
Still here