Author Topic: 09 Pismo Jamboree Sept. 25-27th, 2009  (Read 17173 times)

slosurfer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 132
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
Re: 09 Pismo Jamboree Sept. 25-27th, 2009
« Reply #60 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
I should be there sign me up.

Nathan Siemens
Snacktime
Fresno CA
85 Pickup

sweet! I'll add you to the list  :greengrin:

OH "SNAP"
big air contest?????
whos in??

chris you heard from MO and fam, or Joey umkmyers
the first year i went MO and fam took care of me nice

i cant freaking wait.
we doing a tent this year. maybe??
 :crossed: for little to no wind :crossed:

Watchout Vanna might surprise you in the big air contest. Haha

Who's MO? I'm drawing a blank right now.  Joey's baby is due that week, so he won't be coming.
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
'07 Tacoma Dcab TRDoffroad
M416 trailer

havik

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 737
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #61 on: Sep 16, 2009, 12:06:50 AM »
MO is a super nice Filipino dude that was there with his wife kids and brother. a few of his buds were there last year one with the blue runner and another with the lexus truck. i think they are socal guys but hella cool.
he couldnt make it last year cause they were having another kid.
thats great joey is having a kid bummer he will miss this years but its for a good cause. he will be missed.
good times
 :crossed:  no wind
got another 85 runner. build coming soon!!

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 16, 2009, 07:55:54 AM »
Oh right! I remember who he is now.  Him and his fam were very cool.   I haven't heard from him in a long time.  I think he's actually on here quite a bit.
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Sep 17, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »
im out i have no ride to bring down
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sep 17, 2009, 10:43:18 PM »
aw shucks! that sucks! :sad2:
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sep 21, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
Well im fully moved into my apt here in SLO, and i cant wait til next weekend!  I'll be out with a couple buddies but unfortunately no other yotas. (Maybe a ranger and some quads)

Hey slosurfer, I don't wanna step on any toes or anything but i printed these shirts awhile back and have some leftovers.  If anyones interested i was thinkin of sellin some at the event... that is if you dont mind.   :dunno:

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sep 21, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »
Nice! No worries about your friends not having toyotas, looks like there are going to be plenty of nontoys there as some are signed up and I'm sure others are bringing their friends too.

Honestly, I don't mind if you sell the shirts there (great shirts by the way).  If you threw one in for the raffle, or gave one away somehow, I'm sure the other vendors there who donated stuff will appreciate it.  Maybe it can go to the person who gets the biggest air in a solid axle rig? 

I think we're going to do just like two years ago, and go straight from the group photo, to a spot where people can safely get some good air and pics. There just might be prizes awarded there as well.  ;)
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

P-DiseToy24

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -230
  • Male Posts: 868
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sep 21, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »
That shirt is bada**  :beerchug: i'll buy one right now. do you ship. if so how much to 95969

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sep 21, 2009, 10:03:36 AM »
I'll donate a few for raffles, no problem!  And i would LOVE to do the big air comp myself but my 82 is my daily driver, so .... im going to actually have to use some responsible judgement for once lol.  See you there...

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sep 21, 2009, 10:08:47 PM »
Awesome!!!  Thanks man!  I'll send you a pm next.  :thumbs:

LOL, I know what you mean.  That's one thing that makes the big air thing cool, many, if not most of the rigs are daily drivers and didn't get towed there.    I really don't think it's going to be so much a competition per say, but it will be fun with lots of pics, and some prizes.  8)
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sep 21, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »
Alright I'm stoked... :clap:

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sep 22, 2009, 12:19:39 AM »
i know most of them are daily drivers but ill admit the IFS rigs do a little better in the jumping department.... ive gone the bent front axle route once already and Definitely cant afford to do it again right now haha.

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Sep 22, 2009, 08:31:27 AM »
i know most of them are daily drivers but ill admit the IFS rigs do a little better in the jumping department.... ive gone the bent front axle route once already and Definitely cant afford to do it again right now haha.

btw, I'll for sure buy one of those shirts off ya....

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sep 22, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »
Haha, I know what you mean.  It is kind of nice to know now, that if the 4runner goes down.  It's only the wallet that's going to hurt (that and figuring out how to get it back home) LOL

Solid axles can fly!  This is from 2 years ago

-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
« Reply #74 on: Sep 22, 2009, 02:13:01 PM »
Nice Air. Im looking foward to meeting sum of you guys and check out your rigs. I can hear all the quads from my house, its still pretty busy out there.

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sep 22, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
Just got this from the guys at Overland Warehouse. Huge thanks for sponsoring and participating in the jambo!

http://overlandwarehouse.com would like to announce that we are proud sponsors of the 2009 Pismo Jamboree.

We will be giving away a number of products in raffles including an air compressor, recovery equipment and sodas.

Come visit us at our booth on the beach at Pismo this weekend. Get a free raffle ticket for great prizes and score a cool drink.

Regards
Mark Briotn-Jones and Andries Engelbrecht
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

GotMyYotaBack

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 201
  • Member since Apr '09
  • "I like Turtles" Google it
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sep 22, 2009, 05:21:20 PM »
Im In!

Dan Bouchard
GotMyYodaBack
Merced, CA

And that 4runner air is BIG! Bent ft tubes fo-sho!
Trekker Build- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64943.0

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
So dont tell me I spelled it wrong! You knew what I ment.

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sep 22, 2009, 07:33:31 PM »
Dan, nice! I'll get you added to the list tonight.  :thumbs:  See you there!
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

sweetmeat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Friends don't let friends join the sierra club
    • View Profile
    • Wrecked4x4
« Reply #78 on: Sep 23, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »
Not gonna be able to make it after all got to much stuff goin on right now. Really wanted to make it out
A&G Motorsports Class 1 #1553 Crew Member
Wrecked4x4.com

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sep 23, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
Bummer sweetmeat! :(

Here is a quick rundown on the gps game.  There's going to be a few ways to play it, but the main way is going to be this way.

1. Teams of two vehicles
2. One gps and one digital camera (it can be played without a camera as well, but the main game will need the camera)
3. GPS points will be printed up and available for pick up at the main booth.  They will be in this format: 
Camp: 
N35* 03.786
W120* 37.725

4. This game can be done anytime throughout the day.  Once you are ready to start, come to us and we'll record your starting time.  Same goes for when you're finished or just done playing.

5. Each spot will have a question to answer and some will have an "activity" that needs to be completed and a picture taken of.  You can do the whole thing with just answering the questions, but major bonus points go to those who complete the activities.

6. Ideally, we would like to use the photos as part of a slideshow on sat. evening.

That's the quick rundown of it, just to give you guys a heads up.
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

82juguete

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sep 28, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »
No updates yet???  A lotta cool rigs came out this year, but unfortunately i didn't have a camera.  Any big air pics?  Oh and who made the 2 story pallet fire on saturday?  That thing lit up the sky!!

Thanks to StudentWheeler and Havik for tracking me down to buy some shirts, hope you guys enjoy them!

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Sep 28, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
No updates yet???  A lotta cool rigs came out this year, but unfortunately i didn't have a camera.  Any big air pics?  Oh and who made the 2 story pallet fire on saturday?  That thing lit up the sky!!

Thanks to StudentWheeler and Havik for tracking me down to buy some shirts, hope you guys enjoy them!

I'll do a full trip report/thank you's later, but for now there's a trip report on UY with pics trickling in and a few absolutely amazing ones.
http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=8205.0

Thanks for donating those shirts!  I can't remember who got them, but I tried to make sure solid axle guys got them.  I actually wanted to give one to the guy in the Unlimited Rubicon who bent his axle. :)  Although, I'm pretty sure an 8" would also be bent considering how high and far he launched that thing.  Speaking of which, has that video hit the internet yet?  I tried looking for it last night to show my wife, but couldn't find it online.
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer

slosurfer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • pismojamboree.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Oct 04, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »
Sorry this has taken so long to get around to doing, I had a lot of catching up to do for stuff I've been neglecting while getting this event ready.

First off I want to thank my wife April for putting up with all this (especially considering our 6th wedding anniversary was that weekend).  Lance for all his help, doing the website, designing the tees, stickers, etc.., Bruce for holding down the fort on Thursday night and his help throughout the event, Bob and Dan for their help at the booth, Masa and group for feeding Me and Lance (I don't think we would have stopped to eat had it not been for you making us stop), Becky and Jason for going with me to get the chowder and helping serve it, Milton, Leo, and Marlon for taking professional pics throughout the event, the tundra stop guys for helping me bag up all the raffle prizes at the last minute, and everyone else who lent a helping hand throughout the weekend. I think I could go on forever, so many people helped out!

Next is a HUGE THANKS to all our sponsors, without their generous support, this event would have been impossible to pull off.  Be sure to remember these sponsors when it comes time to mod your rig.  I want to give a special thanks to those sponsors who were able to come out and participate in the event.  Overland Warehouse, Machine Fab, Roxie Market and Deli, TundraStop, and Rolling Big Power all had a presence out there.  Thanks for your support and coming out to play!

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone who came out and participated!  From what I saw, everyone behaved themselves and went home safe (some rigs might not have been the same afterwards but everyone was safe). J  It was great to see everyone, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.  Thanks so much for picking up after yourselves when it was time to go home.  There was one site that we had to pick up after, but other than that, everyone else left it cleaner than they found it.

Enough with the mushy stuff, here are some of my highlights:

1.   Meeting some really cool people, making new friends, and getting to hang out with old friends.  It was a really cool group of people out there!
2.   The GPS Game, I had fun setting it up, and I hope everyone who participated in it enjoyed it.  You should have got a decent tour of the dunes by doing the whole thing and probably burned up a decent amount of fuel as well ( I know I did). Haha! We will have it again next year, make it better, and change it up some.  Expect harder challenges at the gps points and have your digital cameras ready. J
3.   The tech seminars: these got a little messed up due to having a major recovery going on right during the time that these were supposed to happen.  Thanks to Bruce and Lance though for still finding time to give quite a few people instructions and watching them plug holes in my old trailer tire.  There actually were quite a few small tech seminars during a few recoveries and some in camp while people were trying to fix their rigs. One in particular happened during the night run and would have been much harder without all the demo gear from HiLift and Powertank.  It made for a nice mini tech seminar and showed how nice it can be to have the right tools for the job.
4.   The group photo was really cool to see (although some people just cant’ get up that early), we still had almost 50 rigs show up for the 9am photo.  The corresponding jumpfest afterwards was fun, with Bruce giving the crowd a show with his leaning jump.
5.   The raffle was amazing.  We had some very generous vendors and had a ton of prizes to get through.  Thanks to everyone for sticking with it and helping us get through it as quickly as possible.
6.   The night run to pick up the gps points was fun, crazy, and scary, all at the same time because of the fog.  I seriously almost called it off on the way to pick up the first point, it was that foggy.  Thanks to everyone who made it out with us, there was one time I looked back and all the rigs with their lights on in the fog looked really cool.  We had one rig that busted a bead on its front passenger tire, which we were able to get fixed and keep going.  Other than that, I think there was only one other time that a strap came out, and that was just to steady a vehicle so it could straighten out on a dune.  I couldn’t believe that we didn’t have more stucks out there that night. Props to all you for some great driving!
7.   Masa’s steaks were awesome!
8.   I took the van for a quick spin on Sunday after she was all loaded to go home.  Apparently I had a pretty bad exhaust leak and the exhaust ended up snapping off right behind the catalytic convertor!  I also lost a bead on the front passenger tire, didn’t notice it right off, and may have ruined that tire (its got a real suspect little side bulge thing on it now).
9.   I had a blast and can’t wait for next year.  We hope to see everyone again next year.  We have already had conversations on how to make next year’s event even better.  We learn more and more each year. Thanks again to all the participants and sponsors!
10.   Carnage!  We definitely had some carnage out there.  Huge props to those who had carnage, for how they handled it and to those who helped them out and made sure they made it back safe.  I’ll try to list what I can remember.   FJ Cruiser with a blown rear diff, 2nd gen 2 door 4runner with a burnt up clutch, FJ Crusier with some crush zone damage and a busted rearview camera, some busted beads on tires, CRV with a possible smoked tranny, dented skid plates, and sand everywhere! ;)

For those that didn’t know, the event store is back up and running on the website with shirts and stickers.  Due to high demand, we ran out of the smaller sizes.  Contact me or Lance this next week if you want to get a shirt in one of the sizes that we ran out of.  I think we’re going to be able to do another small run of tshirts, we just need to know who wants what.

PICTURES!!!! We would love it if you could send us your pictures from the event.  The website http://pismojamboree.com has the contact info for that.  We need pics to send in to the magazine and to send to our sponsors.

Also, for those that won raffle prizes, please send us a picture throughout the year when you install or use your winnings.  These will be great for the website and to send to the sponsors.

Thanks again and see you all next year, if not before,

Chris Stover
-Chris
'93 4runner 3.0 auto
M416 trailer