Author Topic: travel-all bummper ideas needed.  (Read 1235 times)

yotadork83

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 18
  • Male Posts: 705
  • Member since Mar '06
  • ninja turtules rule!!
    • View Profile
travel-all bummper ideas needed.
« on: Mar 10, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
i am building a for this guy and hes not sure what he wants besides it to be big and burly. i normaly work on toyotas so i am not sure what would look best, so any ideas would be great.
83 toyota shortbed, 90 rear axle, 5.29's f/r, spools f/r, 22/20 hybrid w/propane, 37 mtrs. dual transfer cases. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22712.0
yotas 4 life homie!

RynothealbinO

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 141
  • Member since Aug '06
  • 36's on no lift!
    • View Profile
Re: travel-all bummper ideas needed.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
Ok, so I did some thinking about this and here are my ideas on it.  For the bottom end, I am assuming that what is already there was built by you and is going to stay there?  If that is the case, I would stick wit,h what you already have, but between the tubes plate it out with flat metal, possibly with round holes cut into it, or if you have the ability to do it, it would be even cooler to punch the holes out.  So the bottom half would be similar to the hybrid bumper found on this page: http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacomatrailarmor/05tacomafrontbumper .  For the top half of the bumper I would do something similar to the grill gaurd found on the "full fender coverage style" (the one on the yellow 4wheel off-road truck) found on this page: http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/GMfrontbumper.htm .  Basically the top half of that bumper would be tied into your current top tube.  Just pick a good line for the center portion of the bumper that flows well with the grill, headlights, winch, and any accessory lights the owner may want to add.  Otherwose it looks like you have a pretty good start on things, but my only concern is protection for the front-bottom of the front fender.  At least with my driving style that would be a good place to get the sheetmetal caught on stuff...which is why I dont run front fenders lol.  Maybe just add a flat plate with some reinforcements behind it to the edges of the bumper.  If done right it would tie very well into the rest of the bumper, assuming that you do the hybrid type design I suggested.  Hopefully that all made sense to you and you can use at least some of those ideas.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity.  1 Timothy 4:12

yotadork83 [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 18
  • Male Posts: 705
  • Member since Mar '06
  • ninja turtules rule!!
    • View Profile
Re: travel-all bummper ideas needed.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »
that all sounds great but i just finished out this one with tube. i am doing it for a trade for full axcess to a big auto shop with a lift and tire machineand whols sale prices on parts  :yesnod: :yesnod: oh yeah and here is a pic of the first bumper i built for him not sure what i am going to do with it but it will get cut up for somthing else.
83 toyota shortbed, 90 rear axle, 5.29's f/r, spools f/r, 22/20 hybrid w/propane, 37 mtrs. dual transfer cases. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22712.0
yotas 4 life homie!