Author Topic: What a nightmare....  (Read 1777 times)

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
What a nightmare....
« on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:19:46 PM »
Here's how my weekend went-We headed for our favorite swimming spot which is a 10 mile drive through the sand dunes.  My wife in the Grand Cherokee and me in the 4runner.  On the way back out she drove down into a spot where she shouldn't of went and couldn't get it out.  I drove back to the shop and grabbed my Jeep with a winch and had my son hook up the tow strap-first mistake- he put it around the tie rod-you can guess what happened there...  While winching it up, I had my hand throttle locked on since even with dual optimas this was an almost vertical pull, I somehow broke a motor mount and the fan chopped the radiator up.  Now two rigs down.  Limped that back to the shop and grabbed the 4runner and a bunch of tools and the tie rod off my Jeep.  Went to the house to drop the kids and dogs off.  Came back out and my bad starting problems returned-4runner wouldn't start.  Transferred all parts and tools to pickup.  Head for dunes.  Now midnight.  Got out there and found tierod was about a fooot too short.  Left wife there to hold down the fort and headed back home to get some sleep and keep an eye on the kids.  Got up and  returned to the dunes around 5am with a ghetto fabbed tie rod with a drag link end screwed into it that was about 4 inches shorter than the one we broke.  4 inches is a lot!!!!  That thing was toed (sp??) in so much I had to drag that thing all the way out to the road so we could load it on my trailer.  The 4 runner just started but now the back window won't roll up.  I'm selling everything and buying some good walking shoes.
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: What a nightmare....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:29:51 PM »
here man :beerchug:. that sounds like a hell of a time
Im an OG

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:32:45 PM »
Dibbs on the yotas!!!!! 

Sorry I coudnt resist.  Sounds like what started out to be fun didnt end that way.  Whats funny is I actually like it when crap like that happens to me.  I know it sounds totally stupid to say it but its actually pretty fun to have to figure stuff like that out.  Glad everyone mde it home safe & sound though.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8555
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:48:24 PM »
I love it when everything goes wrong at once. Law of averages I guess. Had a couple days like yours myself. Good Luck!
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes