Author Topic: Goin to pick-n-pull tomorrow  (Read 2906 times)

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 261
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Goin to pick-n-pull tomorrow
« on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »
Does anybody know what I can expect to pay for f150 rears for my toyota? Any other cheap things that would be good to pick up while im there? I have to get a tailight and marker light so I have the tools for those, but what other tools should I bring for the springs or any thing else?
Bobbed 84 xtra cab, pickin up parts as I go.

If at first you do not succeed, put it in 4low and try again.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Goin to pick-n-pull tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
bring all the tools you think you need.... i would say 2 of each, big wrenches.... like 14-22

as far as price, i would wait to find them from someone on here, pick n pull charges too much for springs, i have heard between $50-$80 per pair
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:35:29 PM »
in Arkansas  we pay anywhere from $30-50 a pair
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »
30-50 a pair sounds about right for f-150 leaves here (wyoming) too

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
out here, its $40 a side..... unless you hit them up on a half price weekend or something

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
bring all the tools you think you need.... i would say 2 of each, big wrenches.... like 14-22

:werd:
I always take my whole toolbox.  You never know what you'll see and you want to get, or remember that you need.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

84xcab [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »
Ya, ill probably wait on the springs. Ill see if they have a 1 piece back window and tailgate, or at least a tailgate handle. Id take my whole tool box but it has 250+ pieces in a box with molded slide out drawers and so its heavy and awkward to carry :sad2:

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »
Ya, ill probably wait on the springs. Ill see if they have a 1 piece back window and tailgate, or at least a tailgate handle. Id take my whole tool box but it has 250+ pieces in a box with molded slide out drawers and so its heavy and awkward to carry :sad2:

the pick n pulls here have wheelbarrows and carts

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »

Backpacks work well :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:12:06 PM »
If your P-N-P is anything like the ones in California you will be lucky to find a Toyota PU. Once in a while we get some and by the time I get there all that is left is the carcess.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »
If your P-N-P is anything like the ones in California you will be lucky to find a Toyota PU. Once in a while we get some and by the time I get there all that is left is the carcess.

yup, or wrecked beyond all usuable parts.... or 2wd....

its ok though, lots of parts transfer over :) i only go to the junkyards for little stuff anyways, big parts i get from other enthusiats

~ John F. Kennedy ~

84xcab [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

Ya, I live in Lincoln. Everything there is pretty much completly stripped, but hey never know what you can find.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »
out here, its $40 a side..... unless you hit them up on a half price weekend or something

That sounds about right.  I bought my f150s on a half price day and I think I paid $40ish.  I think all I needed was a 3/4" (19mm should work) wrench and socket on a 1/2" ratchet.  I'm pretty sure all the bolts/nuts are the same size.  I take my whole tool bag now, but...

Backpacks work well :gap:

:yesnod:  I used to put the most popular toy size tools in my camelback but got tired of it getting so dirty!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

YotaJosh

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 499
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »
If I remember correctly, all I needed is a 21mm wrench, and a breaker with a 21mm deep socket to snatch the F150 springs. Finding a truck without the bed makes things super simple. Be sure to take some penetrating oil or PB blaster.

Be sure to keep the ubolts and plates, makes for a cheap ubolt flip kit.  :thumbs:
'79 Short Bed Pickup 4x4
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2

84xcab [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »
Sweet, thanks guys. I think ill just hit em up next friday for half off parts throughout the yard

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -184
  • Male Posts: 1,010
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Full throttle Rollin steady
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
here in chico ca they want 25$ a piece for any springs you pull. not sure about where u live but the nice thing about them here is that there are already tons of fords and chevys that have the axles gone and are already blocked up so all u have to do is find a good pair and pull the shackle bolts and use a sledge to knock em of and your good ta go :beer: