Author Topic: ASAP* Please god help me before i shoot myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1924 times)

CSAKing

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 196
  • Male Posts: 54
  • Member since Nov '05
  • chucks tears cure cancer...to bad hes never cryed
    • View Profile
    • www.pavementsucks.com
ok were taking the third member out of my buddys 94 runner. the shafts are out and everything. all the bolts are out of the third member but it wont budge. we have tapped it all the way around with a hammer, beat the piss out the member with a hammer, tried to wedge it out with a screwdriver, tapped the phlange, and it still dosent budge. we also sprayed it with like a half a can of pb. please help we need to get this out ASAP
looking for a 80-85 not built toyota pickup in tenn, nc, sc, virginia can anyone help????

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Try taking a hydraulic bottle jack, put it on the floor with the ram on the snout of the housing by the flange and jacking it up a little bit. That should break it loose. PB will not help on the FIPG stuff.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Try taking a hydraulic bottle jack, put it on the floor with the ram on the snout of the housing by the flange and jacking it up a little bit. That should break it loose. PB will not help on the FIPG stuff.
x2

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
just had this same problem with my third.  the bottom 3 studs were pushed up from hitting rocks and thus i couldnt get the third off. a little tapping with a hammer and prying with a long screw driver got them straight enough to get it off. now ive just got to replace those three studs.

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
just had this same problem with my third.  the bottom 3 studs were pushed up from hitting rocks and thus i couldnt get the third off. a little tapping with a hammer and prying with a long screw driver got them straight enough to get it off. now ive just got to replace those three studs.
Mine was the same way. Had a real wrestling match with it & it still would not come out until we tapped the studs square.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

91 super yoda

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -56
  • Male Posts: 400
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Axe' em Jacks
    • View Profile
    • Old Town Customs
hot wrench :yesnod:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
sure there isnt anything binding it up?

you didnt say or not, but... is the driveshaft disconnected? haha, might sound stupid, but i know ive pulled some stuff liek that before, lol

are you sure the axle shafts are out enough?

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
With it like this, use a hammer & tap around the diff til it pops free  :crossed:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3