Author Topic: Any Firefighters?  (Read 1051 times)

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Any Firefighters?
« on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:56:06 PM »
I was wondering what kinds of things they ask in the oral interview?  How long the whole hiring process takes and what I could do to make my self stand out from the other guys trying to get a job.

Thanks for any help everyone.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Any Firefighters?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:59:28 PM »
what training have you taken?

the mroe training you have the better.

paramedics and also a class b or a license will also help you stand out more.

things like community service will show a lot, as will work experience, and state firefighter certification. you dont always need it, depending where you are, but you should have National Registry EMT-Basic @ minimum.
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

motorider228 [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Any Firefighters?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:09:13 PM »
Well I go to a JC right now and I plan to take my EMT course next semester along with a few fire science courses.  I'm not applying yet as I have no training as of now.  I will take as much as needs to be taken in order to stand out from the other guys.  I know I need to take multiple courses first so I'm not jumping the gun right now straight into the hiring process.  I have heard though that the oral is the make it or break it stage, so I was just wondering the kind of stuff that goes along with that as well.

My girl friends mom is good friends with one of the deputy cheifs of the clark county fire department (county I live in, Las Vegas is here) and I am meeting with him for lunch tomorrow so I will ask him alot as well but I just wanted to know some from you guys as well.