Author Topic: Who insures your 4x4?  (Read 6840 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Who insures your 4x4?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 27, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »
State farm,   crappy credit,  and  they see my truck  when i pull up  and  let sis  jump out on the curb  next to the door  so she can get back in :eyebrow:

:headscratch:  $120   / 6 months :dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr 27, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
I have Geico, as far as they know its a stock 82' Toyota pickup.

I've actually explained it to them over the phone once when I changed it to bare min.   

They didn't seem to mind at all... weird.
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Apr 27, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
AAA since 93.  They haven't done me wrong yet and my rates seem competetive.  I checked with all state online before redoing my contract with AAA and they came up a little cheaper, but it never comes out the same when you actually go in and figure it all out.  AAA offers a fair multi-vehicle discount, but since they've only recently begun offering motorbike insurance they still can't even come close to mcgraw, so I insure the bike through them.

If I hadn't needed to get my insurance renewed so quickly I woulda gone in and talked to an all state agent and coulda probably come out the same or better, but I don't know how they'd deal with me versus how I know AAA will. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #33 on: Apr 27, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
My stock 84? Carnegie insurance(the cheapest POS insurance i could find)

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »
State farm ins. Full coverage on my wifes 01 honda civic and full coverage on my 85 runner, plus renters insurance and we only pay 121 a month.  (I'm only 24 and my wife is 23)  With state farm if you total your vehichle then they give you fair market value of your rig not KBB.  My friend who has State farm totaled his 93 yota and they cut him a check for 5750 and it was not that nice. 
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
I just turned 25 i will have to check on my insurance company, I go through a broker but I have an 04 armada full coverage I pay 270 every six months, and they said I can declare a value on my jeep and if I can justify it they will give it full coverage, and it will be a bit less for the Jeep (I declared 30,000)  I have a 500 ductable on all my vehicles and I pay a fee and it covers unensured persons driving (like my wifey)  Anyways I set it up when I lived on the ranch,  so the company covers a wide aray of vehicles even four wheelers and tractors and they seem to have no problems with my jeep. 
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »
I'm under USAA as well, but spotter's family has State farm.  Her sister totalled her car 2 months ago, and the had a very good check for the car the next day :thumbs:  They haven't had any problems.

Diane, as someone mentioned, you can get limited use insurance as well, usually through regular ins. companies.  A co-worker has an EB that is pretty much bone stock, but clean as all get out, and he limits his driving in it to 2k miles a year to get the specialty ins. :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
Geico is the Tits.  I insure my 96 Land cruiser, 94 truck, Mercedes, and 4 wheeler for $150 a month Full coverage all vehicles in Alaska! (highest rates in the country)

Other companies wanted $400 a month.

Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #38 on: Apr 28, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Best insurance around: