Author Topic: About the death at Truckhaven.  (Read 3807 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007, 01:31:03 PM by Infernal »
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: About the death at TDS.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »
Originally posted by INFERNAL

I feel horrible,I heard about the death at TDS on Saturday afternoon as I was heading back home.I talked to a couple people and I said the guy's a freakin morron for not wearring his seat belt,and because of his stupidity he's now dead and some of the people who witnessed it are traumatised and he was probably a stupid rookie.Well I come to find out today that it was a good friend of mine,and by no means a rookie.It sucks to hear of something like this occuring and sucks even more to find out it was one of your friends.If anyone ever dealt with Scotty's 4x4 dismanteling in Fontana,it was Mario Santana,41 and father of 4.Please keep him and his family in your prayers,may he rest in peace.

Oh Man  :headshake:  Pep,  you know i rarely  wear a seatbelt,  when driving  but i SHOULD,  even though i dont run extreme  trails  i really should

:down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »
Man, that sucks peps.  I heard about it, but it really sucks to lose a friend.  :therethere:  Its even harder too, when you know the accident could have easily been avoided :down:

Oh Man  :headshake:  Pep,  you know i rarely  wear a seatbelt,  when driving  but i SHOULD,  even though i dont run extreme  trails  i really should

I think we've all been guilty of that :smack:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: About the death at Truckhaven.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
Sorry,I changed the tittle of the thread.I got some heat from a Tierra Del Sol club member.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »

Growing up in Cali, I couldn't immagine not wearing a seatbelt. It makes you feel invincable! :talkingn:

Sorry about your bud Infernal, that really sucks. :usa:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
It's sad to hear about the lose of a fellow wheeler, but hopefully for those that read this or any thread about the accident learned a valuable lesson. Forget those seatbelts for even a minute can lead to disaster.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 105
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »
It's sad to hear about the lose of a fellow wheeler, but hopefully for those that read this or any thread about the accident learned a valuable lesson. Forget those seatbelts for even a minute can lead to disaster.

It seems these threads pop up a few times a year. I dont think weare learning our lesson.

Dude im very sorry you lost your friend. I lost one of mine in a similar way(could have been avoided). It takes a long time to feel better. Good luck.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2007, 01:26:09 PM »

You RARELY wear a seatbelt? :bat: I don't care if you are on a trail or the road, seatbelts will save your life in a case of any accident.
You'll look real purty when you go through the windshield.

OK sorry, I don't want to see any of my friends hurt and it bugs me that Mark doesn't usually wear his 5 point when we're on the trails, even loosely at least.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »
:aaa:  ok,  im going to pull my seat  and install a seatbelt  thingy  that stands  up  so i dont have to chase it down  then  i need  one of those lock hicky's  so it  dont try to choke me to death
  but  once  pulled on  it will release  and SUCK  me into the seat,   dang toyota engineers
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »
You RARELY wear a seatbelt? :bat: I don't care if you are on a trail or the road, seatbelts will save your life in a case of any accident.

OK sorry, I don't want to see any of my friends hurt and it bugs me that Mark doesn't usually wear his 5 point when we're on the trails, even loosely at least.

I'm looking at installing seats and at least a 4 point harness pretty soon.  I really like the harnesses, because with the shoulder belt, it is always getting in the way when I try to look out, so its either work around it or tuck it under an arm or behind me, or not wear it at all.  With the 4pt, you can have the lap belt on at all times, and then shrug into the shoulder straps on hairy stuff.  Even the lap belt is better than nothing.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »

seems like i always remember to put mine on when im like waaaaaay off camber or an a serious hill and i CANT because the stupid things locked up!!!!!  :tantrum:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
Thats really sucks man. :(  I always have atleast the lap belt part of my harness on. Unless there is a chance of a roll or flop, then the shoulder harness goes on. My wife gets mad when I make her wear all of it. She says it's too hard to get on and is uncomfortable. I say laying in a hospitle or dead is alot worse. :shake_head:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
Damn,that sucks man.It's amasing how many people DON'T wear their seat belts.I wear mine every time,I may not do too much maintanance on my rigs but I'm allways sure to throw on my seat belt.I just got some beard seats for my new rig and I'm getting some 5 points as well.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »
Damn,that sucks man.It's amasing how many people DON'T wear their seat belts.I wear mine every time,I may not do too much maintanance on my rigs but I'm allways sure to throw on my seat belt.I just got some beard seats for my new rig and I'm getting some 5 points as well.
I am so glad to hear that infernal. I thought I was being anal.
I love wearing my 5 point in the mammoth, it makes me feel so much more secure and I bounce around so much less.
Mark always wears his lap belt and i can understand why he doesn't want to wear the 5 pt snug, it does restrict movement, but at least wearing it loosely you can snug it better at a moments notice then trying to get it all together.
It's easy to shrug off when its loose and easy to snug when you need to.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2007, 06:58:43 PM »
I always wear mine and nobody rides in my rigs or car, on or off road without straping in.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »
I always wear mine and nobody rides in my rigs or car, on or off road without straping in.
my seatbelt saved my life...i'll never forget that....i always wear mine too..especially on road with all the jackass drivers there are ::)
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lowrider

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 128
  • Member since Mar '05
  • campfire wheeler
    • View Profile
    • Yota Masters
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »
Its crazy how many people dont wear thier seatbelts.  :yikes: But i just cannot get with the harness thing. I put crow lap belts in my pickup and hate them. They are way uncomfortable on my fatass. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, but when im wheeling i usually put the shoulder strap around my back and just use the lap portion of it. I cannot stand being on any kind of an incline and having my farkin belt lock up!  Plus im not very gooder of a driver so i have to lean out to see where im going usually.  :hammerhead:
www.YotaMasters.com

Lowered Headlights & Disco Lights!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »
my seatbelt saved my life...i'll never forget that....i always wear mine too..especially on road with all the jackass drivers there are ::)

I hear that.  Especially after last spring.   My issue is off the road, especially when I want to see where I'm going, and the stupid thing locks up.  What really sucks is when you get on an incline, and you're belt won't unlock  :yikes:

-Ronald Reagan

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »
Thought I'd post a picture of the cross that was put up at TruckHaven in memory of Mario.That's my buddie Gil's Bronco by it.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »
sorry to hear about your buddy!!! i ALWAYS wear mine, i used to hate it but after i was in a van with my buddy driving and rolled 6 times that damn seat belt saved my life!!! now my buddy is paralyzed from the waist down after being ejected and the van rolled right over him all because of no seat belt ... lucky to be alive!!!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2007, 04:24:23 PM »
:thumbs: thanks for posting that infernal 

:down:  :RIP Mario

-Ronald Reagan

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »
:thumbs: thanks for posting that infernal 

:down:  :RIP Mario
No problem,just thought I'd bring the thread back up by posting a picure.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com