Author Topic: Watch Where You Tread At Truckhaven  (Read 1152 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Watch Where You Tread At Truckhaven
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 08:08:57 AM »
Most of us probably know that Truckhaven Hills is no longer private property and is under the control of the BLM. This is the reason T.D.S. has currently relocated to the Superstition Mountains until they complete all the studies and determine where we can wheel there. So since T.D.S. was this month and some of us like my club don't really care for Superstition and love Truckhaven there is still a lot of activity there. I think Truckhaven is one of the coolest places since if you have a stocker you can go and you can also find trouble if you want it.

Well my club doesn't care for the dust at Superstition so we camped by Truckhaven and also wheeled the area, while out there we encountered some fellow wheelers coming the opposite direction on the same trail so we had to make room. One of the people in our group on a quad pulled off on one of the hundreds of side trails and was immediately pulled over by a B.L.M. officer and sited for not staying on the established trails. Try as we might to inform him that it was one of the hundreds of side trails that dot the area he sited him anyways, no warning.

I just wanted to let everyone know to be very aware of where you are and that if you even stray a tiny bit off the trails you could end up in trouble. We may not even be able to drive to some of the overlooks since they are not part of any trail, it seems that they are not being very nice there right now. Hopefully this was just an a-hole officer with a chip on his shoulder and not how it is going to become there.

We must be very careful out there because they are watching and documenting every violation and probably just looking for the reason to close us out. Thanks everyone and stay on the trails until we really know where we can go.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Watch Where You Tread At Truckhaven
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
I went to my clubs meeting last night and got an update on what happened by some that were there, here's what occurred. They were basically minding there own business doing some of the trails in Truckhaven, as they were descending and the the other group was coming up through the section in one of the washes they were boxed in front and rear by the BLM. They were then accused of tresspassing on private property, unfortunately for the BLM and good for us one of our members is a retired L.A.P.D. Watch Commander so the fireworks began, he pointed out the fact that there were no No Trespassing signs and that they had no right to illegally detain anyone. He really didn't go into the details with them but was just about to arrest the BLM officers for illegal detention and harassment under the color of authority which beats our little trespass. Our supposed trespass in a Misdemeanor and what they were doing is a 1st Class Felony. He plans on fighting the citation and has a bunch of people to testify on what occurred, one officer actually made the guy in the quad go where he went and the other officer pulled him over to cite him, nice trick and was the only thing they got out of it.

They also were telling us that we were damaging the ecosystem in the area by driving there, so I see a big fight brewing on us being able to even wheel there.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you