Author Topic: If you dislike NASCAR  (Read 10616 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: If you dislike NASCAR
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
Hello, my name is Ron......... and......... um......... I'm a NASCARaholic. :down:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,053
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:02:49 PM »
Hello, my name is Ron......... and......... um......... I'm a NASCARaholic. :down:

I think it appropriate that to get help you will go to a meeting and sit in a circle.  :yupyup:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »
drop a bag of skittles in the toilet and flush......the excitement of a Nascar race in your OWN home! . :cheese:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #33 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »
drop a bag of skittles in the toilet and flush......the excitement of a Nascar race in your OWN home! . :cheese:

Wow your right, and look Dale is driving the big brown Truck!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
Wow your right, and look Dale is driving the big brown Truck!
ahahahaha im LMFAO while im trying to eat i almost choked! :rofl:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #35 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:20:39 PM »
I need more skittles I'm only getting about 5 laps per flush, and Dale just crashed in the UPS truck leaving skid marks on the wall, Man that's gonna leave a mark!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
I just don't see the excitement in F1. Pretty much every time I've ever watched a F1 race they are usually spread way out by the end of the first lap and the winner almost always has a tremendous lead when he crosses the finish line.Where's the racing,to me that's BORING.

Sometimes the best racing in any race isn't for 1st...it may be a killer race way back in the pack.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »
I need more skittles I'm only getting about 5 laps per flush, and Dale just crashed in the UPS truck leaving skid marks on the wall, Man that's gonna leave a mark!

You'll go broke doing it that way, go to Costco and get the 55gal drum o' Skittles. Still it takes about 50 flushes to complete a race. You need to come up with a bigger venue.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »

You'll go broke doing it that way, go to Costco and get the 55gal drum o' Skittles. Still it takes about 50 flushes to complete a race. You need to come up with a bigger venue.
:psss: Ebay!   http://cgi.ebay.com/A-WELL_W0QQitemZ330023989488#ebayphotohosting  
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »
:psss: Ebay!   http://cgi.ebay.com/A-WELL_W0QQitemZ330023989488#ebayphotohosting  

If I can build an eight foot tall magazine rack to go with it...I'll take one!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #40 on: Sep 22, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »
...................................... So my ? os how longer is this :moon: thread gona go on befor someone comes 2 there sences and locks it ?
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #41 on: Sep 22, 2006, 03:39:21 PM »
What's Nascar? :dunno:

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sep 27, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »
All I have to say is we will see how good of F1 drivers are in Nascar.  My guess is that Juan Pablo Montoya will not win rookie of the year in Nascar but has won many races in Formula One.  Believe it or not, a driver is more involved in the setup of their car in NASCAR than an F1 Driver is with theres.  There is no traction control in Nascar but their is in F1.  There are no onboard computers in Nascar, but there is in F1.  To me, a driver in Nascar has to know more about their cars than an F1 Driver.  They don't just have to drive the car.  But that is my $.02 on this subject.  Sorry to bring back an old thread.