Author Topic: The rule is no nip no lip  (Read 3844 times)

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
The rule is no nip no lip
« on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:42:46 PM »
Especially not more than that. One offense and you are gone. Done deal. No excuses, no explanation.

Scott
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
Re: The rule is no nip no lip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »
Eh? Please explain what the deal is.

Edit: Ah :thumbs: I get it...but uhm lip........you talkin bout words or uhm :lipsrsealed: :yupyup: Just messin cruzilla. But for reals, ya'll get away with showing alot. Keep the nippys for your own viewing pleasure. :thumbs:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:37:35 AM »
what about the middle finger in pictures?  I thought this was suppose to be a kid friendly board?

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:17:57 PM »
what about the middle finger in pictures?  I thought this was suppose to be a kid friendly board?

I agree that the middle finger isn't the best thing to be posting and I will remove it even though it was edited.

That is not a good example to be setting by a mod, but you got to admit it is no were near as bad as posting a picture with fisting and the like in the back ground.

I am sure most kids have seen the middle finger before and know full well what the meaning is.

Remember if you see something that you disagree with you only have to pm a mod or use the report to mod link.

Thanks,
Mark
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »
AND PLEASE, AS A REMINDER TO EVERYBODY...
If you have a problem with ANYTHING going on on the board. Whether it is an inappropriate post, or a problem with another member.
DO NOT POST IT IN THE THREAD. A moderator may or may not see it there. PM a moderator of the board.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:04:41 PM »
in the interest of fair play,  this IS chitchat camp.  which is basically an open forum to discuss everything besides offroading and marlin products  i am reposting an opinion  .

it is merely opinion  but i feel for all parties concerned  this  is best

Id like to bring up the fact that politics are played on this board..  If the mods and admins are going to enforce rules it applys to EVERONE INCLUDING MODS/ADMINS.    If a mod/admin on this board is going to play favorites  they have no buisness  being such.   Not only does it set a bad example  it makes marlin look bad    by having such people basicly running this end of his buisness.   And im sure certian mods/admins here already know the examples that i had pointed out.
i try to be as impartial as possible.  and consider everyone on the Marlin board as extended family.   so please take this as the Olive branch it is intended as.   Thank you
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006, 07:09:03 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
thankyou glen.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:11:11 PM »
thankyou glen.
now  i want you to be respectful of all the Mods Matt, 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:17:05 PM »
I agree that the middle finger isn't the best thing to be posting and I will remove it even though it was edited.  That is not a good example to be setting by a mod, but you got to admit it is no were near as bad as posting a picture with fisting and the like in the back ground.  I am sure most kids have seen the middle finger before and know full well what the meaning is. 

I must have totally missed something big (pm me with details anybody?), but this kinda brings me to a point I was thinking about today at work.  Due to the fact that more and more kids are viewing this board, I think the frequent discussion of drinking alchohol, especially in the shout box, should be 86d.  I just think it's thrown out there too much.  What brought this to light was hearing on the news of ANOTHER kid at chico state over dosing on alchohol, but I think this one was even a 17 year old highschool girl who they were trying to get for their softball team.  Luckily this girl didn't die, but this is a constant problem at colleges (especially chico) and yet we wonder why?  Also, any pictures with anybody underage drinking should be removed as well, rather than covered up, as this also is a negative reflection on Marlin.  I'm not saying that a kid is going to click on the board, see people talkin about how f'd up they are, what they're drinking and go get drunk, but I just don't think we need it here for them to see. 

I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but how many people die from middle finger driving?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »
You aren't going to catch flack for that. That is a very good point about the references to drinking. Depicting or posting pictures of underage drinking is a banable offence and will not be tolerated. We all know drinking is a social thing, but should be toned down a bit on the board. Although this is not a substitute for good parenting. A responsable parrent should know where and what their kids are doing until they are of an age to make decisions for them selves and take responsability for their actions.

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
what about those on the board that are of legal age to drink? what happens if they talk about it? I know i'm not a mod or anything but I dont think it should just be a banable offense if a minor talks about drinking, if its that way it should probably be anyone who talks about drinking irresponsibly.  I think its ignorant when anyonetalks or brags about alcohol consumption and that behavior at all reflects poorly on marlin. Also, I did have a post of mine removed in the "get better glen" thread for having a picture of two females kissing  :smack: and I was glad that mrs. W messaged me about it and brought it to my attention instead of just banning me. I believe that course of action would be better suited for iffy pictures that aren't clearly in the wrong over a straight ban because the line between right and wrong is grey on some issues like that. As I said before though i'm just some 18 year old kid and my opinion isn't the one that really matters. Just felt like throwing in my  :twocents:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »
  I think its ignorant when anyone talks or brags about alcohol consumption and that behavior at all reflects poorly on marlin.  As I said before though i'm just some 18 year old kid and my opinion isn't the one that really matters. Just felt like throwing in

Excellent point, and one I was trying to make!  I was saying it should be toned down across the board, not necessarily pertaining to age, but that a clear line should be drawn for underage drinkers, and luckily mark agrees.  Also, your opinion matters just as much as mine, or anybody else's for that matter, despite age.  If you're a reasonably responsable member then age shouldn't be an issue, but the flip side is we all make errors in judgement at times. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
Whats so wrong with 2 women kissing? I have seen pictures of men and women kissing on this board and that was okay, are you saying it is inapropriate to post pictures of homosexuals? I just don't understand how that was removed. I understand that 2 females kissing is sometimes received as "dirty" or done to attract attention, but how is that inapropriate? Please let me know if it was more than just them kissing, but that should be okay, unless you people don't like homosexuals, which is your right as an American. And yes, I'm straight.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2006, 12:41:07 AM »
2 females kissing is sometimes received as "dirty"

You just answered your own question right there!  It has nothing to do with homosexuality, it's posted/percieved erotically, rather than lovingly as a board member couple may be kissing.  I'm sure if a member posted a pic of them and theirs climbing all over each other they'd be asked to remove it also.
RIP KYOTA

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2006, 12:44:08 AM »
But that whole thread is considered "erotic" and very sexual. Tell me women posing in thongs is  not erotic, not complaining, I just think that it is a little odd. I can understand if they are truly all over eachother and it is way past the point of appropriate sexual content for this board, but if it was just them kissing, I don't quite get it.

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:14:21 AM »
Here is the problem with all this finger pointing. Everybody is looking for instants were someone else has posted questionable content and this is only going to make it harder to post anything that may be even a little risque.

All this whining can only cause harm unless you want to see the board go G ratted.

There in no fine line other than the simple "nip or lip"rule Cruzila has come up with.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:23:39 AM »
But that whole thread is considered "erotic" and very sexual. Tell me women posing in thongs is  not erotic, not complaining, I just think that it is a little odd. I can understand if they are truly all over eachother and it is way past the point of appropriate sexual content for this board, but if it was just them kissing, I don't quite get it.
Hence the reason there is a warning on that thread, WA.
I suppose that means you would be fine with a picture posted of two guys 'just kissing' erotically for the pleasure of others as well, wa4x4. Same difference.
And before this gets construed as anti-homosexual, I would not find a picture of a male and female erotically kissing for the pleasure of others to be appropriate content for the board either.
And FYI wa4x4, since you brought it up, even though there is a warning posted on the GTG thread title, it will be discussed as to whether the thread is appropriate to remain. And while the board has always been more PG-13 the G, as was pointed out there are a lot more young members here and perhaps none of that is appropriate anymore.

And as a reminder, AGAIN, if anyone finds a post which they deem inappropriate there is a link at the bottom right of every post 'Report to Moderator'. You merely need to click that and the post will be reviewed.

I know i'm not a mod or anything but I dont think it should just be a banable offense if a minor talks about drinking, if its that way it should probably be anyone who talks about drinking irresponsibly.  I think its ignorant when anyonetalks or brags about alcohol consumption and that behavior at all reflects poorly on marlin.
Just to clarify, talking about drinking is not necessarily a bannable offense, picture of minors drinking could be, but not right off, a member would get a warning first, and they have.
And I agree that it is inappropriate for any member to be bragging about irresponsible drinking, we all need to keep in mind that this is Marlins board and what goes on here is a reflection on his company, we often forget that part of the equation.
I can't say I haven't had any moments of posting something questionable myself, I am sure we all have at one time or another, but if all try to be a little more consciencious of the fact, and more considerate towards each other, things will get back to smooth sailing again.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006, 06:02:39 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

cruzila [OP]

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »
Whats so wrong with 2 women kissing?

What is wrong with it is we don't want it here. Regardless of my personal feelings for that, it is felt it has no place here.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

sloyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 251
  • Male Posts: 818
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 1/4TiLTKrawlers.Petaluma,Ca. 707-766-9592
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:51:37 AM »
I must have totally missed something big (pm me with details anybody?), but this kinda brings me to a point I was thinking about today at work.  Due to the fact that more and more kids are viewing this board, I think the frequent discussion of drinking alchohol, especially in the shout box, should be 86d.  I just think it's thrown out there too much.  What brought this to light was hearing on the news of ANOTHER kid at chico state over dosing on alchohol, but I think this one was even a 17 year old highschool girl who they were trying to get for their softball team.  Luckily this girl didn't die, but this is a constant problem at colleges (especially chico) and yet we wonder why?  Also, any pictures with anybody underage drinking should be removed as well, rather than covered up, as this also is a negative reflection on Marlin.  I'm not saying that a kid is going to click on the board, see people talkin about how f'd up they are, what they're drinking and go get drunk, but I just don't think we need it here for them to see. 

I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but how many people die from middle finger driving?
40% of chico's college kids are alchoholics.still a fun place to party,especialy in the summer
I'm not responsable for my own action's.

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »
Alright, now that we are clear on that, good work guys. I'll try and keep it clean, and hope others do too! :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2006, 01:12:08 PM »
40% of chico's college kids are alchoholics.still a fun place to party,especialy in the summer

:rofl2: 40% seems pretty conservative!  I guess I see so much partying at the lake that I just don't care to once I get off work!
RIP KYOTA

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:06:32 PM »
Due to the fact that more and more kids are viewing this board, I think the frequent discussion of drinking alchohol, especially in the shout box, should be 86d.  I just think it's thrown out there too much.  What brought this to light was hearing on the news of ANOTHER kid at chico state over dosing on alchohol, but I think this one was even a 17 year old highschool girl who they were trying to get for their softball team.  Luckily this girl didn't die, but this is a constant problem at colleges (especially chico) and yet we wonder why?  Also, any pictures with anybody underage drinking should be removed as well, rather than covered up, as this also is a negative reflection on Marlin.  I'm not saying that a kid is going to click on the board, see people talkin about how f'd up they are, what they're drinking and go get drunk, but I just don't think we need it here for them to see. 

Kid's over dosing on alchohol in Chico is as common as fish swimming.  ;)  They just do a story once a year on it, to try an educate I suppose.  And the Drunk kids getting hit by trains..   And yes it's a great place to have fun..

I definatly agree about underage drinkers in the shout box by the way.   :twocents:
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2006, 02:17:14 PM by Wermz84 »
I like to Drive!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
Alright, now that we are clear on that, good work guys. I'll try and keep it clean, and hope others do too! :thumbs:
Thank you, WA. :thumbs:

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:39:22 PM »
I've been gone a few days and I just read this whole thread. I'm glad we're coming to an understanding :clap2: And I'm glad we're doing it like grown ups :thumbs:

i try to be as impartial as possible.  and consider everyone on the Marlin board as extended family.   so please take this as the Olive branch it is intended as.   Thank you

Glen, :love: This board is my second home.  I have come to respect the people on this board very much, and want nothing more than to keep the peace here, especially when everything we say reflects back to Marlin and his business. 

If ya'll'll notice, there are usually more guests than members on this board.  Think of the influence we have on each other in good times and bad times, then double it, and that's what people (guests) who don't know us are seeing. Just think, what are they gonna see when they read the Marlin Crawler board?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -