Author Topic: rear ended someone. motor starts and runs fine.. but then the idle goes up and r  (Read 3184 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
rear ended someone and smashed the radiater and smashed/cracked the fan clutch and messed up the water pump... starts fine but will idle fine then start to idle real highafter 30 seconds or so... the radiator is not hooked up!! help!!!! :beerchug:
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
probably have a vaccume leak somewhere
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
um if the truck is broken, fix it... dont run the vehicle without a radiator
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i hope ur not talkin bout me not drivin it w/o a radiator?? i just started it up when i towed it home to see how it ran and let it run for a min or two and thats it

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
um if the truck is broken, fix it... dont run the vehicle without a radiator
:nonono:     jim  your gonna get a :spankbutt:   if you dont quit doing that, 

makohon   just 

jim > :kickbutt:  < makohon
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
rear ended someone and smashed the radiater and smashed/cracked the fan clutch and messed up the water pump... starts fine but will idle fine then start to idle real highafter 30 seconds or so... the radiator is not hooked up!! help!!!! :beerchug:
once you fix everything im sure it will be fine
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
running the engine for a mintue or 2 with no cooling system is wel over enough time to cause irrepairable damage to the block/head.....

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
what kind of damage u talkin bout?  bearings, cylinder walls?? i was able to keep my hand on the exhaust manifold shroud..... it deff did not get that hot :dunno: damn now u got me worryin bout my engine :shudder:  :beerchug:

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
hopefully its ok, but running an engine without a cooling system allows things to cavitate and get hot......

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
what kind of damage u talkin bout? bearings, cylinder walls?? i was able to keep my hand on the exhaust manifold shroud..... it deff did not get that hot :dunno: damn now u got me worryin bout my engine :shudder: :beerchug:
if you didnt drive it around i seriously doubt it hurt anything, esp if you could touch any part of the engine without burning your hand