Author Topic: Badland Bumpers - Let the Buyer BEWARE  (Read 6094 times)

waskillywabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 133
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
    • View Profile
    • WabFab Off -Road LLC
Badland Bumpers - Let the Buyer BEWARE
« on: Mar 01, 2005, 04:10:35 PM »
March 1, 2005

In no way do I recommend you purchasing anything from Badland Bumpers as Jeff’s business practices are questionable at best.  Whether he is an honest, nice guy as many of you claim remains to be seen.

Focus on winch plate area...leans to the left and notice how the shackle hangers are uneven heighth-wise on either side

Notice the gap between the bumper and corner light

Notice the lack of a gap between the bumper and corner light

Full view

Timeline of Events
September 2004: Researched different companies across the country to purchase a front and rear bumper/tire carrier from based on reputation and quality of product and decided on Badland Bumpers

October 2004: Ordered front and rear bumper/tire carrier from Badland Bumper and paid promptly via credit card

November 2004: Bumpers promised first week of November and did not arrive

December 2004: Bumpers finally arrive; front bumper is lopsided to one side (very obvious as seen in the pictures above); notified Jeff via email and phone messages

January 2005: Filed a complaint against Badland Bumpers through my credit card company; Jeff finally returns my messages and verbally says he will make things right by refunding my money, fixing the bumper, or replacing the bumper (after I check the frame straightness and body mounts)

Jeff offered up several reasons/excuses for his delays: he had been on a month vacation, his wife had been ill, and the welder who built my bumper had been fired for poor quality work

February 2005: Contacted Jeff that the frame was straight and the body mounts were as they should be

March 2005: No word from Jeff since January 2005; filed complaint against Badland Bumpers with the Better Business Bureau to have the bumper replaced at his expense or my money fully refunded

In summation, the front bumper is simply built poorly and would have to be completely torn apart to be repaired.  I work in an industrial fabrication shop and I’ve had several seasoned fabricators look at it and this has been their unanimous opinion.

I am satisfied with the rear bumper/tire carrier, but I’ve tried repeatedly to get Jeff to answer questions about its features to no avail.

If you are considering purchasing anything from Jeff at Badland Bumpers, I’ve seen nothing to support Badland Bumper’s previous good reputation and quality of product.

If Jeff would step up to the plate, contact me promptly, and work to quickly resolve this situation, I might be inclined to change my mind.  But as of now…

Let the buyer beware.

:mad:

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Re: Badland Bumpers - Let the Buyer BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2005, 04:19:58 PM »
That looks like ass. How much did that cost you? Did you look at Marlins bumpers? looks like with some slotting of the bolt holes it could be aligned properly but I see your point. This may be a dumb question but if you work in a fab shop couldnt you make something yourself of your own design? good luck with resolving this.

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 04:27:19 PM »
I'd be pissed.....It looks like SH@T! I think that this was someones first welding and bending project. If you are going to sell bumpers make them decent or don't make them at all
That's how I roll

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2005, 04:28:56 PM »
You need to put this on every bullitan board you can and also put this under the off-topic forum
That's how I roll

waskillywabbit [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 133
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
    • View Profile
    • WabFab Off -Road LLC
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2005, 04:43:31 PM »
That looks like ass. How much did that cost you? Did you look at Marlins bumpers? looks like with some slotting of the bolt holes it could be aligned properly but I see your point. This may be a dumb question but if you work in a fab shop couldnt you make something yourself of your own design? good luck with resolving this.

Could have. Should have. Would have...if I'd know this was gonna happen.  Sometimes it is cheaper to buy it than build it yourself...in time and energy.

:yupyup:

scheid6996

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,216
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:02:09 PM »
:pokinit: thats to bad, that would B a cool looken bumper
When i die, i wana Be buried face down, so anyone who doesnt like me can kiss my :moon:

Its a redneck thing
"Nobody Loves Me"

MidgetMike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »
That blows man sorry to hear and see that :pokinit::shakehead:  :bull crap:
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit:

MUDJUNKY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -428
  • Male Posts: 364
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:25:30 PM »
man that looks like :pokinit: sorry to hear about that
"I avoid myspace like the devil himself...  Nothing good can come from having teenyboppers and childmolesters mixed with emo morons hanging out in one place...." white trash.