Author Topic: 85 carb adjustment, timeing ect...?????????????help  (Read 1250 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
85 carb adjustment, timeing ect...?????????????help
« on: Jan 15, 2005, 09:23:36 PM »
i dont have a manual but does any one know what the timeing should be on the truck?? and i have never worked with carbs?? how do you adjust ect?? n e one have links to stuff that im askiny for?? my truck gets horrible gas milage!!! and the engine only has  between 5-10k miles on it!! ????????????????????????????????/ :wave:  :beerchug: 
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
8 degrees BTDC, don't forget to disconnect the vaccuum advance.  I'm no help on the carb, but either someone on here or the dealer could give you the stock specs and you could go from there.  If I find my manual and the specs in it I'll let you know,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Ok this might be a kinda half ass approach, but it might work.  If you're standing beside the truck looking at the base of the carb you'll see two adjustment screws.  Left is idle speed and right is idle mixture.  With the truck warm and idling slowly screw in the mix till the rpm changes, then back it out till it starts revving up, back it down till it evens out and idles smooth and it should be right.  I could be wrong, and I'm sure there are steps I'm missing, but like I said it's kind of a half ass way of doing it.  I'm sure someone with a better idea will pipe in soon,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!