Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 1075 times)

toywthbdydmge

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 240
  • Male Posts: 947
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
Need Help
« on: Jul 21, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
OK I decided to move my wires around and eliminate some wires that were just hanging but in the process I broke a piece on top of the valve cover so I just plugged up the hoses. The problem is it starts and runs fine but under any kind of load it just dies on me but starts right back up so I'm wondering if the two circled items could cause this seeing that the hoses I plugged were connected to these. The motor is an 88efi Thanks

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
i'm not sure what they do but its very possible its the problem
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
I would hook up the rear VSV as it looks like it has to do with your fuel pressure regulator. The other has to work with the evaporated emissions charcoal canister.

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »
The VSV on the left ups the fuel pressure in 4WD when your engine is to hot by venting vacuum to atmosphere...

I don't think it's really needed, and it's for such a small percentage of running conditions, you really don't need it.

For that one, connect the 2 hoses that go into it together, omitting the VSV.

(the hose will then apply vacuum to the the fuel pressure valve to vary pressure depending on intake vacuum).

I don't have the VSV on the right, but it looks like some sort of smog thingie.    

I would think that plugged up the engine would run better (although with more smog), but you could try connecting the hoses together like the VSV on the left......
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

zippo

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 550
  • Male Posts: 1,556
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
    • oppiz.net
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »
VSV vaules cause your engine idle to go up, when it is under load, IE, AC, power steering pump, Engine temp, and 4WD, etc. I removed most of mine and the EGR valve. really noticed a possitive difference too...
If you see it, its for sale.