Author Topic: Just a little beware of OREGON ENGINES  (Read 3821 times)

allbones

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Sep '07
  • This is my 2 wheel drive buggy!!
    • View Profile
Just a little beware of OREGON ENGINES
« on: Apr 04, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »
Guys about 4000 miles ago I bought a 22re ebgine from OREGON ENGINES that is gauranteed for life long as I own it. well since then I have had to change cam and rockers, the head gasket was ready to fail, the timing chain tensioner has come loose and toyota service technician sais motor has a bad piston slap. I contacted OREGON ENGINES he said to take motor out and take to truck depot and he would have it sent back and either send me a different engine or rebuild mine and send it back promptly, would not cost me a penny. Well that was 2 weeks ago and now he has called me and said he is not sending me an engine until I pay for both ways shipping . 350 dollars.  To read more on this go to 79-95 helux. BAD BUSINESS!!!! :thumbdown: :maddest: :mad: :flamer:
He who dies with the most toys wins: 92 toyota climber and bogger, 96 xcr sp 600 polaris snowmobile, 134 cc honda pit bike, 07 honda crf250 dirt bike,06 joyner 250 sand buggy,02 yamaha pw80, 97 yamaha wolverine 4x4 quad and several rc buggies

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
Re: Just a little beware of OREGON ENGINES
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »
not cool
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »
I'm sure he has a written warranty somewhere...it will spell out your rights and his responsibilities. I would have verified in writing (email) who would pay for shipping.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

solar86yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 296
  • Member since Mar '08
  • Solar-Rockin' the IFS till it dies!(Then it sits)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:32:15 PM »
I'm sorry man, that a bunch of crap. Tell him he should pay the shipping because if he had provided a quality product to begin with, you would not have had to send it back to him! They sound like a bunch of shady mechanics.
By the time I get the money for an SAS I'll be 65 at this rate!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
I'm sorry man, that a bunch of crap. Tell him he should pay the shipping because if he had provided a quality product to begin with, you would not have had to send it back to him! They sound like a bunch of shady mechanics.

That's why I have all my engine/machine work done locally.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
where at in Oregon is Oregon Engines  :dunno:....never heard of it ....that sucks tho

allbones [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
sandy oregon where ever that is?  I will just build my own engine with the help of a buddy that owns a machine shop if I can just get my money back out of this guy.
He who dies with the most toys wins: 92 toyota climber and bogger, 96 xcr sp 600 polaris snowmobile, 134 cc honda pit bike, 07 honda crf250 dirt bike,06 joyner 250 sand buggy,02 yamaha pw80, 97 yamaha wolverine 4x4 quad and several rc buggies

allbones [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »
I am going to try getting ahold of the better business bureau monday in oregon and in Iowa will see what happens, I would just like to get my money back.

solar86yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 296
  • Member since Mar '08
  • Solar-Rockin' the IFS till it dies!(Then it sits)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, and you deserve to get your money back from the horrible service these guys gave you!
By the time I get the money for an SAS I'll be 65 at this rate!

allbones [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
will find out more in the morning gonna call and ask him to send money back immediately or gonna star making calls to every body I can to get this guy. I need a new engine bad Im sure hes not gonna send me back my core so I can rebuild it. :mad: :thumbdown:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »
will find out more in the morning gonna call and ask him to send money back immediately or gonna star making calls to every body I can to get this guy. I need a new engine bad Im sure hes not gonna send me back my core so I can rebuild it. :mad: :thumbdown:

Just a thought, but I think, big emphasis on think, that the whole documentation and shipping goes either way.  If it isn't documented that he said you'd have to pay for shipping, then rightfully, that motor is still yours, and he should ship it back to you.  If he doesn't return the parts, it is theft.  I'd go through all the small print you have, and figure out if there is anyway that he could twist something to say that you should have to pay for shipping.  If not, he has to at least send your engine back to you. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

allbones [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2008, 04:33:04 AM »
hes gonna try and get me on shipping because  I have no proof that he emailed me to send it back wouldnt cost me a penny. I do not want this motor back again I do not trust the guy as far as I can throw a 1000 lb man. {I couldnt throw a 100 lb man probably} :maddest:

allbones [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
suys I cant evem get the guy to send the engine back now and am trying to pay for shipping.