kowsnitch1987

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jun '04
  • KC KID
    • View Profile
Help
« on: Jun 04, 2004, 04:51:09 PM »
Hey Guys well long story short i have done a light upgrade with KC's Slimlites on the mirror hinges  and have added rocker panels on the side of it due scratches and it looks kewl but man what do i need to do to beef this 04 up got a little money any suggestions would be EXCELLENT

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:04:15 PM »
 :smack:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:25:42 PM »
 :smack:  Got that right

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:32:20 PM »
HArdcore :thumbs:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:37:40 PM »
I would do a search at PBB & browse the jeep section there. Be forewarned, they are not at all newbie friendly there. Browse & watch how they treat others before you post. We usually only spend money on things that will make it go better offroad here also, though it is mostly Toyota.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:43:12 PM »
Dude he'll get smoked if he goes over there and says "hey guys what do you think of my lights?"  :chew: chew 'm up and spit 'm out :reg:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:46:04 PM »
I thought I had given him a fairly good warning?
O.K., I should have probably told him to look but not post.
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Prismo you must have x-ray turtle vision. I cant figure out how to find where there at? :headscratch:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »
Learn what their path in life is.  :psss: Know your enemy.

I have to be good at something in life, cause it sure isn't tech. :smack:
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2004, 09:00:06 PM by prism »

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2004, 09:53:51 PM »
PRISMO. did you find the nest? :slap:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:03:35 PM »
I told you these are Ninja Turtles, they don't stay in one place long.

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:07:21 PM »
well I'm bouncing all over the place like a ping-po0ng ball and still don't get any where near you score! :dunno:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:11:51 PM »
I dunno, maybe I am part turtle :screwy: :shocking:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2004, 08:05:17 AM »
Prismo you must have x-ray turtle vision. I cant figure out how to find where there at? :headscratch:

x-ray turtle vision ??? :eek:  8)
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »
Hey Guys well long story short i have done a light upgrade with KC's Slimlites on the mirror hinges  and have added rocker panels on the side of it due scratches and it looks kewl but man what do i need to do to beef this 04 up got a little money any suggestions would be EXCELLENT

I would do a search at PBB & browse the jeep section there. Be forewarned, they are not at all newbie friendly there. Browse & watch how they treat others before you post. We usually only spend money on things that will make it go better offroad here also, though it is mostly Toyota.

Hey kowsnitch1987,

Yeah you would probably have more success at the Pirates forum (http://www.pirates4x4.com/forum) mainly because there are only a couple members here who have any profound experience dealing with Jeeps. I, as the administrator here, would of course like to see this forum welcome any one with any rig to our community as we all love 4WD for the same reason.
With that said, Im sure if you were to ask the right members here, you could find some advise in your favor, but I think a Jeep forum would be more to your interest. If you are doing custom modifications to your Jeep and you want some feedback or suggestions about your suspension or drivetrain choices, then by all means please feel welcomed in the Projects section as we would love to help a fellow wheeler get his rig built to perform!

We have a small hand full of Jeep owners who have either replaced their stock Engine and drivetrain with all Toyota parts and they have installed our Dual Transfercase and Crawler Gears into their Jeeps. My good friend Sam (http://www.sierrarockcrawlers.com) has an Ultimate Marlin Crawler installed in his Willys and I know that Marlin found out that some Jeep transmissions are converted versions of Toyota transmissions. For instance, a Jeep AX4 is no more then an Aisin Seiko G54 that was originally designed in Japan for Toyota 4WD trucks. Also The Jeep AX5 is to Toyota's G58, and Jeep's AX15 is to Toyota's R150F. People have exploited Jeeps and found their potential for Crawling by using Toyota parts. This is what we do here and what we live for.

Im sure you have browsed these forums and have seen what questions are asked, so I would hope that our members can be unbiased and try to help any one out..

So I think it all depends for you here is to what questions you ask. A broad question like yours above may be to general for much attention. I would first inquire as to what you plan to use your rig for? If you are going to play in the mud and snow, its a whole different world then if you were to play in the rocks and get serious about wheeling.
For starters you would probably want to:
1) Consider lowering your final drive ratio
2) Install larger tires = larger suspension lift.
3) Consider installing locking differentials front and rear.
4) Upgrading your front end to a stronger unit (Im assuming that's not a D44, right?)
5) Of course I cant forget this one. You've already got some rocker panels and thats a great start, but you could get some beefier front and rear bumpers that are more purposeful than your stock gear.

#2 #5 is why I want to know what you plan on doing with your truck. For playing in the Mud, Snow, or Sand, #5 may not apply, and as for a suspension lift, the cheapest way would be a body lift (:puke:) which would allow larger tires but your ground clearance will only be increased by the larger dia of the tires and it will have very poor flexing abilities. For the rocks you would want to upgrade your entire Suspension system including new taller and longer leaf springs and shocks that have more travel. And we would be more than happy to give ya some feedback just let us know where you see your truck in a couple of years from now!! :beer:

BigMike
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2004, 12:44:47 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2004, 02:12:10 PM »
I think Mike covered most everything :king:
Do come back & post your progress and any questions you have. If we can help you we will.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 05, 2004, 04:16:59 PM »
Mike is absolutley right,  at th pbb he would get flogged and torched for asking a newbie question,  and we dont want that kind of atmosphere here,  my sister recently bought a 94 cherokee country and on her first outing came across a ditch crossing  :driving: my toy went thru without even locking a hub :beerchug:  her unibody twisted and popped out of lowrange, actually had to put it in 4hi to get out  :smack:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 05, 2004, 04:24:25 PM »
dude check out this site for heep info
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 05, 2004, 04:51:40 PM »
yeah mikey pritty much summed it all up

kyle_22r

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 530
  • Male Posts: 1,233
  • Member since Dec '03
  • yellow beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 05, 2004, 08:31:21 PM »
i always thought the equivilant of an AX5 was the G52?  or did the AX5 have a 26 spline output?

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 07, 2004, 04:15:38 PM »
Well what kind of money are we talking here first ? That is going to play a big part  :yupyup: First and foremost a axle up grade would be most benificial on any stock jeep  :yupyup: And I think that apply no matter what you intentions are for it , snow sand or rock
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 07, 2004, 08:04:18 PM »
84runner dont forget the most important terrain that heeps are always destined for.......
the mall
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 07, 2004, 08:08:32 PM »
84runner dont forget the most important terrain that heeps are always destined for.......
the mall
:yupyup:
Seriously,
What axles did your Jeep come with stock?
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2004, 08:11:46 PM by prism »

kyle_22r

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 530
  • Male Posts: 1,233
  • Member since Dec '03
  • yellow beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jun 07, 2004, 09:55:44 PM »
it's gonna have a front 30, and either a rear 35c or 44 if you're lucky

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 07, 2004, 11:23:30 PM »
the mall

ya well those freshly placed speed bumps can be a doozey  :yupyup:
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2004, 04:01:45 PM »
hmmmm,   yep  sis had the heep a bout 2 months and today crammed the front bumper into the back of a old ladies caddy  mashed the pee out of that plastic bumper,  guess its time for a bullbar

hey what axle does her cherokee have ,??anyone?? it has the pumpkin on the left and it IS NOT a center disconnect,  i checked that befor she bought it  :.order:

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 08, 2004, 09:37:46 PM »
dana 30 with a full time case
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??