Author Topic: is there anyway to get windshield out of a pickup with out breaking it  (Read 2640 times)

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
looking for ideas on how to get windshield out of the truck i just bought  ,,with out breaking it  ,,its a tinted  front  ,, i also  need  the gasket   mine is shot

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
swap the cab 

seriously  i had that 83  that had a perfect windshield, i cut  and scraped  and thought i had all the gasket  and glue removed  then tried  to ease it out,  the  dang thing cracked  at the top corner  :thud:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
 Get a friend to help, lift slowy and take your time.
 Now if it where installed you'd be screwd.  :hammerhead:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

yotadork83

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 18
  • Male Posts: 705
  • Member since Mar '06
  • ninja turtules rule!!
    • View Profile
if it is a standarded rubber gasget and know one has siliconed the pissout of it you can do it easyand if you need a new rubber you can cut it out with ease if not have a buddie help. the trick is to push evan ly and use no pry bars. the toyota fsm tell you exactly how to do it if you are interested i cand take pics of the fsm for you. i have done plenty of them and a guy i wheel with removes his every time we go wheeling and he stashes it in the forest and when we are done he puts it back in. so go slow and start at the top and the more people you have helping the better.
83 toyota shortbed, 90 rear axle, 5.29's f/r, spools f/r, 22/20 hybrid w/propane, 37 mtrs. dual transfer cases. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22712.0
yotas 4 life homie!

82 HiLux

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 81
  • Male Posts: 750
  • Member since Dec '06
  • its beer thirty!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
about 6 months ago, a big branch did me an unwanted favor and removed my windshield for me  :maddest:
also took out my buddies passenger window and deposited the remains all over his passengers face and pants. luckily, no body was hurt.
82 hilux, bobbed, really fast 22r, 2 transfer cases, ARB's, 5.29's, 37" MTR's. Custom everything.

82 HiLux

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 81
  • Male Posts: 750
  • Member since Dec '06
  • its beer thirty!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
forgot to mention that the same hidden branch tore a cleat from the side of his bed. this fuggin branch needs to take a :chillpill: and leave our fuggin trucks alone!!! needless to say we didnt hit that trail again
82 hilux, bobbed, really fast 22r, 2 transfer cases, ARB's, 5.29's, 37" MTR's. Custom everything.

Gaup

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
    • My home page
Next time use a hotair gun and a cuple of frends slowly heatup the rubber or for newer car the gluedwindow and push gently over big portion of the glass.. and then you have atleast a fifty/fifty chanse that you get i out in one peace..... sorry for spelling dyslecktik swede and posybly dumb :hammer:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
did you try a rubber hammer   :_order:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

milla85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 180
  • Member since Jun '06
  • 85 in da house!
    • View Profile
Am i wrong but i think i have seen people take them out with piano wire?

Gaup

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
    • My home page
Yes it works with piano wire but its easy to wreck the glass .there is a special tool billt for removing glass it has a fast vibrating bent nife. its the ultimat tool for the jobb.. thingk the mallet works :hammerhead: