Author Topic: What made you get a Toyota?  (Read 5245 times)

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What made you get a Toyota?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »
Four words... BACK TO THE FUTURE

:cool:

Yep!!! :beerchug:  That and after seeing what some guys (now good wheelin buddies) did with their Yota's in Las Cruces about 5 years ago, I had to get one and get rid of the Blazer.
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »
When I first got into 4x4 I built my Dodge and its to damn big.  Wanted to build something for trail ridding.  Everyone I wheel with drives full size trucks I wanted something smaller.  I went to Paragon one year and everyone was driving jeeps.  I saw a guy who had a really nice Toyota and watched him go through the M trail thats when I knew I wanted a Toyota.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »
The first one was an accident.  I just wanted a truck, and the toy was the right price.  After seeing how my 2wd toy handled whatever I threw at it, I got me a 4 times 4.

Yota Tony

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 274
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »
I learned to drive 5spd in an 89 Ext Cab Pick Up. Toyotas just can't be killed.

So when the motor went in my Jeep I decided, screw it and bought a Toyota.
Anthony

Looking For 82-83 Hilux - Must Be 5spd, able to run and drive, Square headlights and no rust!
82 Build - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31283 - Dead

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »
My Dad bought a 81 short box in like 89 and he loved it. 3 inch lift with 33's. He blew the motor and has held on to it ever since. Has done many different things to it and it still runs strong and looks good. I always said I would get a :bowdown: 1985 efi (the best) :thumbs: and thats what I bought. It would be hard for me to trade if for a new taco. I love it. They are very easy to work on, fun to drive, cheap on parts...(to a point) and get good mpg. The list goes on and on. And how many trucks can you lift, 33's, stock gears, and a Lincoln locker and do pretty much anything you want to... to a point of course but one big plus too is Toyota guys stick together. They wont let other Toyota guys down ya know it is like an unsaid kinda family thing it is cool. + They are the best looking mini truck ever made too. thats my  :twocents:  :turtle:
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
what made me love toyotas was the first time i rode in my friend Danny's 86 4runner when i was a sophomore in high school. I had never ridden in such a kick ass little truck before. I was hooked with the inclinometer, factory removeable top, rollbar and unstoppable 4wd. a lot of my other friends owned toyotas but i loved the 4runners the most. Also, they are just about the sexiest trucks on the planet i would say.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Rainer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
I have always liked the body styles, and they look freakin sweeeeet lifted, more aftermarket supprt then my Bronco had, the list can go on and on.

Mark
!!!FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE!!!!!!!!
1985 Toyota 4runner
22re rebuilt(offroad cam, internalls from enginebuilder)
5.29s with elockers f/r (high pinion front, v6 rear)
3inch suspensions 2 inch body
33 inch mixed tires. (bfg at, firestone at?)

DAWGTOY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 460
  • Male Posts: 212
  • Member since Jul '04
  • aint too old & broke up to sit down yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:01:44 AM »
300 dollars and a 83 that sat in my brothers yard
for 3 years.

dawg
1983 TOY SHORT PICKUP .35/12.50S EXO CAGE HOMEMADE BED CAMO PAINT, REARS UP FRONT CHEVYS IN THE REAR, 4 WHEEL DISK, CABLE LOCKER REAR, LOCK RITE FRONT, 5.29GEARS FRONT & REAR.BOBBY LONG 30 SPLINES 9500 lb WARN WINCH. DUAL
T CASES WITH 4.7 IN THE REAR. THANKS MARLIN

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 19, 2007, 01:40:17 AM »
thats a funny question. i was really into honda civics. (ya those lame rice rockets) i was set on buying a civic si for quite some time. well i also had some friends that owned trucks. when i was heading up to a swiming hole here in town once, you pass bear hole the trail starts to get a lot more rocky till the last hole, browns hole. nothing that a civic couldnt make but it would suck driving and if lowered you prob wouldnt want to do it. so i was swimming all day and then headed back down with my friends. my buddy was driving SO SLOW (honda accord) cause of the rocks along with all the other cars. well heading up the trail was my friend and now roommate tj. he was haulin ass up the trail in his 83 chevy like it wasnt even a thing. i was like that is SOOOO SICK. i think from then on it was a turning point. i wanted a truck and my favorite style was a toy pickup and i already drove a 85 toy camery at the time. i really liked toyota. so i was set on building this truck that this guy in my grade had in high school. some red toyota (hmm haha) with a lift and 35s. long story short he ends up having to sell it right after we graduate and now its been in my hands ever since and i dont think its going to have any other owner.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER