• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 324
  • Member since Oct '05
  • BRRAaappp!
    • View Profile
MX
« on: Sep 17, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »
been out of racing for 2 years, i stopped because i kept gettin hurt but i miss it now.

crappy videos (cellphone):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8558588166161894477&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6468155719797200593&hl=en
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006, 07:20:17 PM by Crawler677 »
'99 SR5/TRD Tacoma w/5vzfe. SAS'd with 64" diamond axle (w/ long superset & ARB). about 5" of lift, 305/75 x16 BFG KM1's. Soon to come: 1.5" more lift (6.5"), 35 to 37" tire, undecided at this point., 63" F/F diamond rear, Marlin 4.7 tacobox.

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: MX
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »
well,  :eek:  ask yourself  if  you  have someone to  take care of you when you are older and cant walk to the :toilet:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Crawler677 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • BRRAaappp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »
BAH i wont get hurt i swear! lmao   its just one of those dumb questions.  :boozer:
'99 SR5/TRD Tacoma w/5vzfe. SAS'd with 64" diamond axle (w/ long superset & ARB). about 5" of lift, 305/75 x16 BFG KM1's. Soon to come: 1.5" more lift (6.5"), 35 to 37" tire, undecided at this point., 63" F/F diamond rear, Marlin 4.7 tacobox.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »
Funny, I'm the only yes!  Are you breathing?  Yes?  Time to start racing again then!  Wish I'd never stopped, but if I'm super lucky I may start racing street motorbikes within the next couple years.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »
Funny, I'm the only yes!  Are you breathing?  Yes?  Time to start racing again then!  Wish I'd never stopped, but if I'm super lucky I may start racing street motorbikes within the next couple years.

Not anymore!! :hahaha:

You just need to ask yourself a simple question.  "How important is it to you?"   If its worth getting hurt, go for it :thumbs:  If we all spent our lives living safely, and not taking risks, then we wouldn't have sports bloopers!!! WE need those!!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2006, 09:32:57 PM »
You got that right jason :thumbs:  The ladies I used to work with would always say "you're gonna kill yourself if you keep racing!".  I'd just say that I could live my life in submission, always hiding from danger/fun, and die cause I slipped gettin into the shower and cracked my skull.  I'd rather die doin something bitchin than from some utterly random every day mishap, or at the hand of some utterly irresponsable driver :maddest:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2006, 09:39:06 PM »
You got that right jason :thumbs:  The ladies I used to work with would always say "you're gonna kill yourself if you keep racing!".  I'd just say that I could live my life in submission, always hiding from danger/fun, and die cause I slipped gettin into the shower and cracked my skull.  I'd rather die doin something bitchin than from some utterly random every day mishap, or at the hand of some utterly irresponsable driver :maddest:

:werd: 

I figure if I'm going to die, I at least want to die
a) doing something I love
b) doing my future job (firefighter)
c) doing something that starts with "Hey ya'll, watch this!"
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

GoaT

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 276
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Wanna hop in my bed?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
u trail riding or actually geting on ama MX tracks? cause there is a big difference.
and by the way im an ex MX racer too. munn racing in waco TX used to sponser me. i have been on almost every TX track. but that was 4 years ago. and i still crave it!!!!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2006, 05:39:13 PM »
Go for it.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Crawler677 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • BRRAaappp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »
u trail riding or actually geting on ama MX tracks? cause there is a big difference.
and by the way im an ex MX racer too. munn racing in waco TX used to sponser me. i have been on almost every TX track. but that was 4 years ago. and i still crave it!!!!

the NE circuit, including MX338 (southwick) i started riding when i was 5, havent stopped since. dont think my knees will ever forgive me.

GoaT

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 276
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Wanna hop in my bed?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »
the NE circuit, including MX338 (southwick) i started riding when i was 5, havent stopped since. dont think my knees will ever forgive me.

lol nice track. i only got about 4 years under my belt. when money come back around, ill be back on the track. thats for sure

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:49:52 PM »
I say go for it, so long as you have the cash and time to make it happen.  :yesnod: I still regret selling my last bike...

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2006, 10:58:42 PM »
Two things I always completely regret selling are my bikes and guns. 
RIP KYOTA