Author Topic: I feel bad...But I'm also p*$$ed off.  (Read 3895 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
I feel bad...But I'm also p*$$ed off.
« on: Aug 27, 2006, 01:23:57 AM »
So we take my son to see the movie Aunt Bully (10:30 pm show)and on the way back I see this body laying on the ground right by a bus stop.I turn around to go see what's up and I couldn't tell if the guy was dead or not but he was right by the street.Well I try honking my horn and yelling to see if he'd wake up and nothing.At first I didn't really wanna get out cause it was in a real quiet area,there was no one around,it was a little after midnight and my son was in the back seat but he was already asleep.So I try calling 911 and I'm on hold for a little over 7 minutes.WTF?isn't this an EMERGENCY hotline?.Now,I realise there's other calls but c'mon.So I hang up because I see a cop driving by and he doesen't even look over at me.WTF?My truck is parked in a somewhat dark area,long after buissnes hours,no other cars parked by me,my headlights and my hazards on and he doesen't even look over.Meanwhile other cars drive by but nobody seemed to see this guy cause they'd just drive by.I try calling 911 again but by this time I had got out and walked over to the guy but couldn't tell if he was breathing because he was laying on his stomach and his face.So I get thru and they say they'll send someone right over.I'm standing there right by the guy(still with my headlights and hazards on)and another cop drives by and damit,HE doesen't even look over.right after that,a fire truck and an ambulance drive up with their sirens going and the cop(who was now down the street)makes a U-turn and drives right up.They all go up to the guy and move him around a bit and he wakes up all crazy.Aparently he was intoxicated and passed out.The cop that drove by and didn't see me picked him up,cuffed him and arrested him...So,the reason I feel bad is because my intention wasn't to have him arrested,hell I thought he was dead.But it makes me mad that 2 cops drove by and didn't even bother to look over,but yet the 2nd one went back once he saw the ambulance and fire truck and was quick to arrest this cat   :dunno:  .
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: I feel bad...But I'm also p*$$ed off.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2006, 04:50:49 AM »
Your tax dollars hard at work!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2006, 08:26:32 AM »
:yikes:   man thats some :pokinit:

i'm surprised they didnt arrest you for disturbing the dudes peace  :ack: 

you should send that story to you senators  or something.   of course they dont care they are in washington DC  and probably never come back to cali

when you started the story  my first thought  was you had your son with you :aaa:
but  im sure you had protection with you,  but thats what my thought was,  maybe dude WAS dead  and the person or persons  might have been lurking in the shadows  and made you DEAD as well  so i feel i should say  :slap:   

but i'm assuming this was in a fairly small town not LA  or something but  its still possible dude could have been strung out on drugs  and rolled over and shot you  when you was checking on him, 

oh  and Mom and sis said to tell you  :spankbutt: 
not to get out of the truck in that situation with your boy with you

im glad  our cops are fairly alert ,  :screwy:

glad your ok,  and i think the cop should have arrested himself for being a :idiot:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2006, 10:17:36 AM »
cops never pay attention, and i'm familiar with the 911 bull crap. when my last truck was hit we called 911, took us about 10 minutes to get through (this is a town of 100k people), and tell them about the wreck and that we need an officer there and yada yada. well, my truck is stopped dead in the street, blocking the rightmost lane of traffic, and part of my radiator and fenderwell are sitting in the middle lane of the road. 5 cops drive by, look in my direction while they are passing by, dodge the car parts and my truck, and dont even stop. over an hour later (temp that day was in low 40's and drizzling) a cop FINALLY STOPS!!

i hate city cops.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »
man that sucks :eek:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
When the Mammoth got hit on SR40 in Ocala Nat. Forest (no damage to the Mammoth, but it was the other biotch's fault and we wanted to make sure they knew it (and she had lots of damage to her van, she hit our tire :rofl: )
First they couldn't even determine what juristdicition we would be under and then they said they only had 2 troopers and they were both on a fatality call and would be a couple hours.
We finally said the hell with it, took lots of pics, exchanged info and went on our merry way.
No problem with the ins. company, it was all her fault.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »
Our emergency personail can kiss my :moon:!!! Few months ago my wife gave my son my cough syrup ( his dr. said it was fine) but she gave him an adult dose, well she freaks and calls the dr. and she says that it was way too much and she would call pioson control, about 5 minutes later pioson control calls us and tells my wife to call 911 cuz he CAN'T HAVE IT and she gave him way too much. about15 minutes go by before the ambulance shows( I could have been to the hospital by then) they take him to the hostpital and the dr. at the E.R. ask for the cough syrup we gave him. He looks at it and says " this is fine for him, infact you could have given him more"!!  The head nurse told me to get pioson control to pay for the ambulance ride if my insurance doesn't pay for it, which they didn't, because they admitted fault for looking up the wrong medication!!!! :mad: When I called pioson control after I got the bill they said it was a mistake and it happens some times!!!!!!! WHAT!! Thats one place the cannot make mistakes. Thankfully for us it was a good mistake, but what if it was the other way around and he couldn't have it and they said he'd be fine ?
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »
Thankfully for us it was a good mistake, but what if it was the other way around and he couldn't have it and they said he'd be fine ?
:headshake:  it wouldnt have been pretty,  :headshake:

4DEES

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,403
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THROW SOME DEES ON THAT B1TCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »

but  im sure you had protection with you   

only the best!

***ROCK BRAWLERS~Southern Cali***
 www.rockbrawlers.com 

'85 Toy, 42's and a body lift!

ROCK IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »
soon as i turn 21 i'm getting a concealed handgun license.

heres something really sad about the majority of police officers, they cant shoot if their life depended on it. if you've ever been to a gun range with some of your local cops its pitiful (minus the swat team in most cities). i swear you could give an 8 year old kid the same pistol and he could shoot it better from practicing with his video games.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »
:rofl:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: I feel bad...But I'm also p*$ed off.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:27:13 PM »
Even though he got arrested you did the right thing, it's not your fault he was so intoxicated that you couldn't tell weather he was injured or just drunk. It's people like you that will stop that deserve a pat on the back, good job for stopping to make sure he was OK. It is not your fault he was just drunk, he could have been having a heart attack or something. The problem with the police these days is if they are proactive they are accussed of being to aggressive and not people friendly, so they now have become reactive which usually means they show up in time to take a report after the dust settles. It sucks but that's what it has come to, they don't want to become a part of the story when it is told on the evening news and the only way to do that is to not be there during the crime. Have you noticed that everytime the police are involved the news media seems to seek out that one person that's crying foul while discarding all those other witnesses that either have no opinion or think what they had to due to subdue the person was correct? I don't know why they didn't stop and see why you were there but maybe that's why there was a second unit, maybe the 1st radioed the second to respond to a suspisious vehicle and were going to come for you together not realizing that there was a person down and was the reason you stopped in the 1st place. As to 911 putting you on hold forever, well 911 sucks plain and simple. Understaffed and over worked. I in my job deal with both officers and 911 operators all day and what I said pretty much sums it up on most officers feelings, better to be taking the report instead of being a part of it.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »
The problem with the police these days is if they are proactive they are accussed of being to aggressive and not people friendly, so they now have become reactive which usually means they show up in time to take a report after the dust settles. It sucks but that's what it has come to,
good point, RS.
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »
A pretty good example happened in Riverside a few years back, for what ever reason a woman was sitting slumped over in her car, the police approched the vehicle and something happened and the woman ended up shot dead. I personally don't know what led up to the the shooting but if they would have ignored her as a sleeping vagrant instead of investigating further to see if she needed help she may have died if she were injured but the police would have just had to take a report.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:53:59 PM »
:pokinit: around here the cops don't stop at all. I think they are scared. Good reason too, Saint Louis is the 3rd most dangerous city in the country (murders per capita). 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 27, 2006, 07:49:53 PM »
uuuuurg its a smith and wesson...  :crazy:  :reg:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 27, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »
i was sleeping in my truck a couple weeks ago, next thing i know, there are 2 cops knocking at my windows with their batons..... im talking this is broad dailight in the middle of the week too, i was in a parking lot
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 27, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »
soon as i turn 21 i'm getting a concealed handgun license.

heres something really sad about the majority of police officers, they cant shoot if their life depended on it. if you've ever been to a gun range with some of your local cops its pitiful (minus the swat team in most cities). i swear you could give an 8 year old kid the same pistol and he could shoot it better from practicing with his video games.

This is true, in more ways then one.  Nowadays, a cop can't pull his gun and shoot someone until they've already been fired upon.  :headshake:  fricken ridiculous.  IJ, ya did the right thing, even though he got arrested, worse may have happened if he had just lain there. 

It does seem to be the city cops that have an issue, I guess they figure the little things are look overable.  When spotter and I are were in our accident, CHP showed up within 5 minutes, prolly less and sheriff was there within 10.  Her car was pushed off the road to the shoulder by CHP within 20 minutes of the accident.  They really took care of us, and I was very happy with the results.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #18 on: Aug 30, 2006, 06:54:23 PM »
That reminds me of the time I reported some kids starting fires out in Marysville.  I followed a trail of fires down a train track and thick bushes and I WATCHED the kids start the last fire.  Flames poofed up right next to them and they ran when I rounded the corner.  I floored it (In my blazer), called the cops, made a citizen's arrest, and cops said when they finally got there that "he doesn't fit the discription of the arsonist we've had prowling around here lately".  And they let him go.  After I SAW him start the fire :shake: I just wanted to :kickbutt: that cop :shake:

Guess that's what happens when you try be a good citizen :shake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 30, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »
Your intentions were good.  Don't feel bad that he had done something wrong in the past.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #20 on: Aug 30, 2006, 07:27:13 PM »
Your intentions were good.  Don't feel bad that he had done something wrong in the past.

:bowdown:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2006, 09:37:27 PM »
If you think about it you sent those kids a message, people are watching. Maybe you stopped one of them from starting an even bigger fire that may have burned houses and injured people.