Author Topic: need camera help please!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4001 times)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
need camera help please!!!!!!!!!
« on: Mar 11, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »
 :shake_head: When it comes to electronics I'm an idiot.I got a new camera and I can't figure out how to get the pictures to go into My Pictures so that I can upload them.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: need camera help please!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »
What kind of camera is it?  What type of memory card is it?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »
Just speak in to the microphone on your computer and say "Download Pictures From My Camera To My Pictures Folder"
Make sure you speak clearly. :greengrin:

BUBBA [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2006, 04:07:05 PM »
It's a Kodak.I can get them on my computer,but they go to the software that came with the camera.When I try to upload a pic I can't get it to go to them folders to upload one.
My budget beater

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2006, 04:15:26 PM »
Bubba, try "save as" once you got the pic open.  Then from there you can pick which part of your computer you want to save it to :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2006, 12:53:58 AM »
When you plug your camera in it becomes its own hard-drive, just open My Computer and you should see the drive. Right-click on the drive then click explore. Now just find the pictures and send them to My Pictures folder or any folder you've created for them. Be very careful not to delete anything in there since your camera will no longer function if you do.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2006, 05:49:36 AM »
What RS said, you don't have to go through the software provided.
I don't want to give bubba the wrong info, I don't have a kodak, but as far as deleting things, the picture can deleted from the disk, they have to be or you won't have room for new pics.
In fact, I don't even have to go to My Computer, when I plug in the camera and turn it on it automatically opens the Memory Stick drive.
With my HP I just open the folder the pictures are in, do a 'Select All', cut from the camera disk and paste to a My Pictures folder. There is nothing in the pictures folder that can't be deleted.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2006, 12:32:17 PM »
We got the Adobe photoshop 4.0 and when you put the memory card into the card reader it automatically downloads and saves it to a file! 

As soon as the pics are downloaded we just delete the flashcard with the delete function on the camera!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »
Crap!  I have a kokak and went through the same problem when I first started using it, but can't remember now what I had to do.  Do you have the paperwork that came with it?  Whatever I did to get it to work, I figured it out from the instructions.  Now whenever I plug it in it does a 10 second countdown to download, then I see what pics it's loading and can stop it once it gets to pics I've already done.  Then I just close out that window and they're already in a folder in my pictures called kodak pictures.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BUBBA [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2006, 01:57:14 PM »
Crap,guess that means I need to read then don't it.I did figure out a way,but it takes forever.I have to go into the program and right click and open each picture with windows pic and fax viewer and then save to my pictures.I'll read up and see what I can find.So far the only thing I've found about my pictures is just when I installed it all the pics that where there where automatically downloaded to the kodak software.

Guess that's what I get for buying a fancy camera.
My budget beater

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2006, 02:38:23 PM »
Crap,guess that means I need to read then don't it.I did figure out a way,but it takes forever.I have to go into the program and right click and open each picture with windows pic and fax viewer and then save to my pictures.I'll read up and see what I can find.So far the only thing I've found about my pictures is just when I installed it all the pics that where there where automatically downloaded to the kodak software.

There should be nothing that difficult about it, they just want you to use their software.. Try what RS said. When you plug it in and turn it on, go to your My Computer link and see if you can see the camera as a drive. You should be able to, then just cut and paste to a My Pictures folder.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

BUBBA [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »
There should be nothing that difficult about it, they just want you to use their software.. Try what RS said. When you plug it in and turn it on, go to your My Computer link and see if you can see the camera as a drive. You should be able to, then just cut and paste to a My Pictures folder.

I tried that but it doesn't show up as a drive.
My budget beater

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »
 :slap: Kodak! :spankbutt: that bites.
My Sony is so easy. You just plug it in and turn it on (I find playing with it's hard drive works well :rofl: ) and it opens Windows Explorer folder. No going through propriatary software.
You'll figure it out, Bubba. I think we had a Kodak at the last place I worked at, I remember you had to jump through hoops to get it to do what you wanted.

Where is the Mammoth?

BUBBA [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »
Yeah Kocrap is what it is.My last camera was an Olympus.I never had a problem getting pics up with it.I loved that camera.
My budget beater

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2006, 12:27:26 AM »

Hold down the shift key and start selecting pictures, if it works like mine it will allow you to select as many pictures as you want and will download them all at the same time.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
:slap: Kodak! :spankbutt: that bites.
My Sony is so easy. You just plug it in and turn it on (I find playing with it's hard drive works well :rofl: ) and it opens Windows Explorer folder. No going through propriatary software.
You'll figure it out, Bubba. I think we had a Kodak at the last place I worked at, I remember you had to jump through hoops to get it to do what you wanted.

I just bought a Canon yesterday and mine is like this too, as was the Sony I used to "borrow" from my Moms.  Plug it in and turn it on and the windows camera/scanner wizard takes care of the rest.
This of course means you will be inundated with more pictures from me too.   :disturbed:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2006, 10:35:05 PM »
You couldn't pay me to buy another sony product, and despite my kodak being probably 2 or 3 years old it's still supposed to be one of their better cameras made.  Once I got it all figured out it's pretty much idiot proof, which is good news for me!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2006, 02:15:33 PM »
Crap!  I have a kokak and went through the same problem when I first started using it, but can't remember now what I had to do.  Do you have the paperwork that came with it?  Whatever I did to get it to work, I figured it out from the instructions.  Now whenever I plug it in it does a 10 second countdown to download, then I see what pics it's loading and can stop it once it gets to pics I've already done.  Then I just close out that window and they're already in a folder in my pictures called kodak pictures.

Same here! My old camera was a kodak, and I had the same thing happen.  Bubba, you may wanna check in your pictures and see if there is a folder that says kodak pictures.  I don't remember having to do anything to get it to go there either, so it may already be there
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2006, 05:08:37 PM »
Yea, that's how mine comes up too, when I download em they are just put into the kodak folder.
RIP KYOTA