Author Topic: IGNORANCE!!  (Read 3010 times)

YOguyDa

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 160
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
IGNORANCE!!
« on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:53:07 PM »
Ignorance pisses me off! I know arguing online is retarded, but it wasnt planned. This chick from Alaska is on my buddy list, and we started bullshiting and whatnot. I had just finished an ad online for my '81 Toyota pickup, so i just figured i'd send her a link. She replies "a toy?" and posts a smiley rolling its eyes....And then the arguement began....

First off, i should have known better than to argue with a girl (no offense to the ladies), especially a redneck one at that. The Import VS. American war is an immature battle, but i wasnt looking for a fight, i was just responding to her idiotic insults aimed at not only japanese vehicles, but Japanese people in general....Plus, she called my truck ugly, lol.

Im still fired up, and im sure the ignorance will never end in all aspects of this world. I dont know why im posting, i guess im just venting.

I could post parts of the convo, but you might laugh too hard.
'86 2wd now...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: IGNORANCE!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:58:48 PM »
:therethere:

Its ok.

My ex was talkin to me the other day, said she was gonna buy a new chevy, lifted, and all that crap.  I told her sheshould get a toy (she likes wheelin) she said "no, I want a real truck"  Well, now we have a "date" (I've got a girl, so not that kind) with the rubicon in mind.  We'll see how far her fullsize goes compared to my yota :yupyup:  I told her that FFC's amigo could even make it further :hahaha:  she weren't too happy :nope:   People like to talk crap about what they don't know
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »
The reverse could also be played here, I have wheeled a big dog personally, have a few friends and my brother owns one too.  I loved the way my Ramcharger wheeled, came with factory limited slips. About the only down side is when they get stuck they really get stuck. All that tonage won't budge when you high center your crossmember. You also must not mind scratching the crap out of it since a lot of trails were carved out by much narrower vehicles. Obviously I prefer the slim line since I am back in a Yota, each vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages. My Ramcharger only had about a 3"  and sat on 31's which was it biggest drawback when it came to high centering. My brother's K-5 is on the other end of that spectrum on 37's and about 6" of lift and I dare say it would follow you just about anywhere, because it has been there before. Ignorance is a two way street on a one lane road so lets not hit head on.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »
Very true, people like to talk crap about what they don't understand, are jealous of, or feel threatened by. The proof is in the pudding. I don't want to start some forum war about what trucks are better at what, so I'm trying to leave my opinions on the subject out of it, so all i can say is "whatever floats your boat".
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2006, 12:24:59 AM by YOguyDa »
'86 2wd now...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:26:10 AM »
The reverse could also be played here, I have wheeled a big dog personally, have a few friends and my brother owns one too.  I loved the way my Ramcharger wheeled, came with factory limited slips. About the only down side is when they get stuck they really get stuck. All that tonage won't budge when you high center your crossmember. You also must not mind scratching the crap out of it since a lot of trails were carved out by much narrower vehicles. Obviously I prefer the slim line since I am back in a Yota, each vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages. My Ramcharger only had about a 3"  and sat on 31's which was it biggest drawback when it came to high centering. My brother's K-5 is on the other end of that spectrum on 37's and about 6" of lift and I dare say it would follow you just about anywhere, because it has been there before. Ignorance is a two way street on a one lane road so lets not hit head on.

Geez, that lookcs familiar :yupyup: and everything you say is true.  I had a 199 dodge ramcharger with the 360 v8 :yikes: that thing could haul, but when it got stuck, it wasn't coming out :nope: What di that thing weigh, like 5-6k?? something like that??

My ramcharger sat on 33"s and had about the same lift.   It was just too damn big for what I wheeled it on :smack:  previous owner saw it about a year after I bought it, he nearly had a fit :hahaha: lets just say trees had left their marks on it

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:28:59 AM »
Very true, people like to talk crap about what they don't understand, are jealous of, or feel threatened by. The proof is in the pudding. I don't want to start some forum war about what trucks are better at what, so I'm trying to leave my opinions on the subject out of it, so all i can say is "whatever floats your boat".

If you notice I now float the same boat as you, maybe a foot longer though.  :biggthumpup:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:32:37 AM »
Geez, that lookcs familiar :yupyup: and everything you say is true.  I had a 199 dodge ramcharger with the 360 v8 :yikes: that thing could haul, but when it got stuck, it wasn't coming out :nope: What di that thing weigh, like 5-6k?? something like that??

My ramcharger sat on 33"s and had about the same lift.   It was just too damn big for what I wheeled it on :smack:  previous owner saw it about a year after I bought it, he nearly had a fit :hahaha: lets just say trees had left their marks on it

Probably in that area, but didn't it seem like about double that when it got stuck, I got stuck so bad in the Gold Mountain rock garden that it took my brothers K-5, a 4Runner and a pick axe to get me out. :doh: Mine had the 360ci fuel injected in it too that thing was quick for a big lug.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2006, 12:37:19 AM by Rocksurfer »

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:35:05 AM »
If you notice I now float the same boat as you, maybe a foot longer though.  :biggthumpup:

me too!

Fullsizes?  Great for pulling, with the right amount of horses and the right tires, awesome in mud and on dirt ad stuff
mini trucks?  great for rockcrawling, charging hills, etc.  Can't tow as well, don't really mud as well (although I'm convinced they would float if dropped in the ocean) but any type of crawlin or off camber situations? give me a yota!!

-Ronald Reagan

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:43:10 AM »
I miss my Ramcharger, till I go to get some gas and think of how much it would cost to fill it up today.  I sold it about 3 years ago becuase of how much gas was then. I still see it every now and then guys still pretty happy with it.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »
I miss my Ramcharger, till I go to get some gas and think of how much it would cost to fill it up today.  I sold it about 3 years ago becuase of how much gas was then. I still see it every now and then guys still pretty happy with it.

mine had a 35 gallon tank :yikes: glad I don't have to fill that up

-Ronald Reagan

Kurlee Daddee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »

Its not only exclusive to trucks either. A lot of the WRX guys are ingnorant to the fact that my little SRT-4 is "just a Neon." The same holds true to what I have quoted. Many of the WRX guys are threatened by the fact that a stock SRT-4 can and will beat a mildly modded WRX in a straightline drag race. A SRT-4 costs $20k to a WRX with Mods $25k + $2k mods =$27k. Both cars do certain things quite well. Same holds true with Japanese and American trucks. Its all in the eye of beholder.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2006, 03:46:53 PM »
Well, what i said wasn't limited to Japanese trucks Vs. American trucks. I think that "most" hate is derived from one of those reasons, whether it has to do with automobiles, racism, etc...
'86 2wd now...

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2006, 07:58:46 PM »
I don't get it. could some one tell me what Ignorance is?  :dunno:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
You dont know what the word means, or you dont see the ignorance in this topic?

Ignore means to refuse to pay attention to something and "ant" means "know", so ignorance to me means being close-minded and ignoring or refusing to accept proven knowledge, ideas, theories, or facts.
'86 2wd now...

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
You dont know what the word means, or you dont see the ignorance in this topic?

Ignore means to refuse to pay attention to something and "ant" means "know", so ignorance to me means being close-minded and ignoring or refusing to accept proven knowledge, ideas, theories, or facts.
I think he was being sarcastic.  Ignorant of the word ignorant. :haha:  In my opinion, anyone with a closed mind is ignorant.  There's alot of them round where I live. :greengrin:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »
I think he was being sarcastic. Ignorant of the word ignorant. :haha: In my opinion, anyone with a closed mind is ignorant. There's alot of them round where I live. :greengrin:

NO, he wasn't being sarcastic! You're wrong! And he's an idiot!

Hahaha, its hard acting like an ignorant ass....Im glad i was raised with an open mind. I guess Brainlessfool was being sarcastic when he thought of his name...I should have known. lol, great timing on that one man.
'86 2wd now...

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2006, 12:00:08 AM »
Thus is the nature of the brainlessfool!  It'll lurk in the shadows avoiding any interaction with the general masses, only to pounce out and stir the pot when nobody's looking!  They're an odd breed, but an important member of society nonetheless.

And I know your pain man, I have this discussion at work all the time.  The only respone I get out of one coworker every single time is about our friend who had a tacoma that perpetually had head problems.  The other one likes to ask how many heads I've gone through on mine.  1) no ground strap from head to firewall, corrosion caused massive coolant loss  2) radiator cap popped off, lost all coolant and warped head 3) cheap kragen water pump lost seal on shaft, all coolant was lost 15 miles from work resulting in warped head, only found out after getting to work.  I thought I ended the debate when I checked on the service bulletins and recalls for toyota, chevy and ford, but they have forgotten all too soon!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2006, 01:18:36 AM »
Well, they have to attack you about your head problem, because that was your ONLY problem. And I'm not saying "only" as in its a small problem, I'm just saying that Toyota and Honda produce mechanically superior vehicles so when they have one problem they're criticised a LOT more. I'm in no way saying "dont buy American", because i'd love to be able to buy reliable Chevys, Fords, and Dodges and be an all American citizen, but you have to admit.....They still need improvement, but have come a LOOONG way. Again, Im not saying all American cars are "junk" im just saying that in all my experience, they dont match Japenese craftsmanship. Thats just my opinion. It just makes me wonder where Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler would be if they didnt put Japanese drivetrain in some of their vehicles and have the competition of Imports. I think the introduction of smog equipment was the downfall of the "big three", since most of their pre-smog vehicles were reliable and "great" in general.
'86 2wd now...

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »
If you've ever noticed, american cars are judged more on INITIAL QUALITY, not longevity of service.  Everybody puts out a lemon, and everybody puts out a few units that seem to be superior to their brothers.  I usually end our conversations at work with "show me a vehicle that has never had problems, and I'll see a vehicle that was trailered to your garage from the dealer and never driven".
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »
I'm a chevy man, got bowties in my blood.  But after having a import 4x4 (nissan) for the last ten years has opened my mine on rigs today!  When I worked at LS I got to see which rigs held up better over time.  Which made me decide on to never own a ford!  I won't go into details.  I've got co-workers that have sat and talked :pokinit: about how my nissan is the biggest piece of :pokinit: there ever was but as soon as I say let's go for a drive they weasel out!  I've had excellent luck with my nissan, but my next p/u will be a toyota for the simple fact that there are a :pokinit: load of aftermarket parts for toys!  I think Nissan had a good idea with the naps-z motor, but ruined it with the placement of the transfer case, and the whole front end setup!

The best thing I've learned about ignorance is:  At work, just put your earplugs in and ignore them!  Online, you can turn it off!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

YOguyDa [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2006, 03:11:38 PM »
Thats what i love about this forum.....Its filled with knowledge and experience, and great people.
'86 2wd now...