Author Topic: One ton YJ. 60 70 TBI350 T18 D20 cases+++ trade for mild runner?  (Read 931 times)

Loppy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey fellas...  I know alot of you know me from Pirate.  Nick turned me on to this place and I'm stoked.  I want to go from Wild to more mild.  Copying post here.  Any quetions, please call me.  Looking for a clean locked and geared runner on 33-35's for straight up trade. 

Your trade:
Any year 4 runner with straight or semi straight tin and NO IFS. Sold axle only. Fuel injection also a must. Hopefully you have some mildly upgraded axles, steering, gearing and lockers. Longfields or anything to eliminate birfs a plus. Marlin box or doubler. Sitting on 35 inch tires or so, in decent shape and nice wheels, beadlocks a plus but not mandatory. Clean dash and seats. CB, tunes and winch. Just an overall mildly built, clean and strait rig. Street legal and smoggable a must. I am not looking for another trailer queen. If you don’t have a winch, you don’t get mine.

What you get:
’87 YJ (tub and frame only). Caged (needs a few spreaders, but works as is) Tach and motor gauges work. Good steering column. Rear seat. Tub is pretty thrashed but still there. Home made rock sliders. Windshield just replaced with another used one, some rust in frame, but works fine. Wipers work. Heater blows hot, will drive you out of the rig even in snow. Tweaked Cobra CB with Wilson whip, blows doors off. No tunes, sorry. Just so we're clear, this thing can tollerate the street, but would not make a good DD. 

Onto the good stuff:
F SRW 60, ’91 Chevy, kingpin w/ custom high steer arms that clear stock Hummers. Pass side drop. 4:10, lockrite. Hydro assist, custom built Howe ram with custom mounts all high steer including tie rod, all 1.5” .250 wall DOM hardware with new one ton TRE’s. 1310 “high clearance” yolk This axle is a 91, and has the non necked down shafts. 1.5”/35 spline all the way. It came out of a fire truck. Innerds are well cared for, it has never leaked a drop and the oil has always been golden clear. Well over $2000 invested in this axle alone. Still has 30 spl outers and beat up lockouts. $400 in 35 spline outers and some slugs, you’d be truly bomb proof. Ground calipers, new pads, brakes are awesome.

Rear DRW 70. Backyard shave job and welded. It’s junk, but its bulletproof junk. 410’s.

Motor – ’91 Chevy TBI 350 out of a van conversion that had no tow hitch and 49K miles on the od. (theft recovery total loss). I saw this motor picked from the van myself as to not get the old switcharoo from the yard. Compression was 185-200 across all 8. I converted the motor to a 5 speed config with air pump, 02 sensor, this motor is 100% smog legal. After conversion, smog ref passed and I now have new vin with conversion sticker. Rig is 100% smog legal! Howe wiring harness and chips for computer. K&N.

AA Heavy Duty conversion bell housing, external slave, Luk clutch, all working perfect. I have $700 into this chit alone.

Tranny – Jeep T18 with granny low. No rebuild, but flop. It’s a T fuk’n 18. bombproof. Working perfect. No slips or grinding.

Tcase – Jeep 20. No addl. Adaptors. Bolts right to T18. VERY short and stout drivetrain. Custom twin stick. Comes with: Tera Low 3.1:1 brand new, in the box (not installed yet) and about 3 spare 20 cases, one complete. I also have a Scout 300 case with 4:1 and AA 32 spline output w 1350 yolk. This case is broke in half (my fault) and the gears except for two are good. With a good case, and a couple of warrantee gears, this would bolt up to the T18.

Front “Travelmaster” 1310 shaft, balanced. Rear 3/4 ton standard shaft. + spare rear shaft to fit with the 300/HD output (it’s about 2” shorter) and has 3150 tcase end.

38.5 x 15 x16.5 TSL SX’s dam near brand new. On hummer wheels with PVC beadlocks. Rebar bead lip rings.

Other stuff: Griffin aluminum radiator. Warn 9000i winch. Grille guard. Flat tow bar with light plugs and wiring. Stock YJ steering box plumbed for the hydro assist. Steering brace. Flat waggy pitman arm. Front waggy springs on custom shackle reverse. Rear 53” chevy springs, one bent, but have two new 53” chevy springs ready to install. Through frame shackle eyes front and rear. Custom rear rack with ammo cans and jerry can holders (not cheesy, super beefy, built by sillyfab). Extended bimini top (covers rear seat) and beat up soft top included. Spare 1350 and 1310 yolks, straps, studs, lots of little spare stuff. I’m sure there’s more, but I’m sick and my brain is not 100% right now.

More info/photos available on request. Email: loppy350@comcast.net, pm me or call 916 337 3471.

Reason? This rig of mine is a floping brute. It does everything very well, from rocks to snow. It’s happy to bop along on the toughest trails all day. Problem is, it’s not very kid/family friendly. I’m getting too old to play with you guys any more. I want something that I can drive to the back country with my kids and fish, and care less about wheel stands in the box at midnight. A mild runner would fit the bill perfect. About 12K invested, I’m willing to walk away with less value for a rig more suited to my needs.

Thanks. Jeff

Pics:  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5018306&posted=1#post5018306
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2006, 06:22:47 PM by Loppy »