Author Topic: coopers...  (Read 1699 times)

GrenadedToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Maatt Daeemon
    • View Profile
coopers...
« on: Aug 27, 2005, 12:20:58 AM »
just read an article in four wheeler on the cooper discoverer STT's and they sound like a pretty good tire(well for what im lookin for anyway) does anyone have some or know anybody who does that can back this up? the guys in the mad didnt get to test them out in mud because it was so dry where they had tested them . so just seein if anyone knows how they would do on northwestern terrain(oregon)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: coopers...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2005, 12:31:33 AM »
I've had two sets so far, the latter a set of 31s I still run.  Mine are actually Hercules, but are the same tire from the same company, just different name on the side.  I have 40,000 miles on them and could probably stretch another 7-10,000 mi out of them with decent driving, and I don't drive slow.  They work surprisingly well in every situation I've had them in, which ranges from DD duties to some pretty sloppy stuff when I'm hunting.  I don't rock crawl, but would figure they're fairly decent on the rocks considering how hard I can rail em on the street.  I couldn't believe how cheap they were and how good the warranty was, $400 otd and free replacement no questions asked till 50% tread, then prorated after that.  Lilbuddy had some too I think?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2005, 05:23:36 AM »
Look into the crawling team they are sponsoring...they have some good things to say about them...
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:44:35 PM »
nw oregon boggers are your best bet next best are any form of swampers :gap:

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2005, 06:11:38 AM »
I ran those coopers on my tow rig and they are a great all around tire..I got 45 K out of mine and still had some life left..mine were siped and did great in snow ice mud and sand..Like I said not an extreme  off road tire,,but I was happy with mine..they got my dodge through everything I threw at it,,and i always tow at max weight for the most part..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2005, 07:21:24 AM »
I had a friend who ran em and he loved em :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2005, 06:25:54 PM »
Cooper makes a lot of tires for Les Schwabb too, keep an eye out for their wildcountry ext?  They have identical tread to the previous style of coopers stt.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!