Author Topic: 22re need help asap!  (Read 3021 times)

mudcrawler87

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Male Posts: 10
  • Member since Jul '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
22re need help asap!
« on: Jul 24, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »
ok so im trying to get into crawling and such and my parents gave me my dads old truck, its a 1987 pickup 22re efi. so i rebuilt the whole engine, pistons, honed the cylinders, and some other stuff. i did it all my self except putting the engine back in the truck, i have all the electrical hooked back up and i, still trying to find a vacuum hose diagram to put the hoses in ghe right place, i replaced the distributor with a brand new one and i replaced the relay under the dash the open relay. i have done all this work and when i go to start my truck the fuel injectors arent opening neither is the cold start, i checked all the wiring and none of it seems bad, i dont knwo what else to do i need some major help! if anyone knows what my problem is please let me knpw i have no other ideas this was supposed to be a twe week project its turned into a 4 month project and almost 2 thousand dollars. i really just want to hop behind the wheel and drive her asap so please help me! ive looked allll over the internet and ive replaced all the parts they say to and still no fuel to the cylinders, not a drop.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: 22re need help asap!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2015, 07:12:42 AM »
try this.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/index.shtml#FuelPump

Check your relays and fuses to make sure they are working.  A volt/Ohm meter was my best friend and the Factory Service Manual when I swapped out motors.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »
Was the truck running before the rebuild and extra work?
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2015, 08:17:41 AM »
http://mobile.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/579557-22r-22re-22rte-vacuum-diagrams.html

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/OlBlueCJ7/media/Toyota%20Vacuum/1985-87Toyota22RE.gif.html

thus is a quick result i got off google.  i think it only shows vacuum for the emmission stuff.  guessing yiu also have a booster, maybe cruise also?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Also, bookmark this website http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/775780-toyota-bible-faq-2-0-a.html

And here is a thread with lots of 22RE engine bay pics where you can visualize the the spaghetti nightmare of 22RE vacuum lines...http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/238808-need-help-22re-install-2.html

Good luck with the fuel prob.  I don't have any good advice for that part :(

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
Just a thought, but did you connect the black with white striped ground wire to the stud on the split in the intake manifold.  This wire sometimes gets overlooked when installing engines or intake manifolds as it just drops down when disconnected upon engine removal.  Injectors/engine won't run without this connected. :smack:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

mudcrawler87 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
yeah i connected it, my trucks vacuum lines are all weird ill try yo post a picture of what its like as of right now so you guys can see, ill also check those websites you posted to see if any of that helps

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
I also sent you a PM (private message) if you wanted me to send you a digital copy of a FSM.

mudcrawler87 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2015, 12:21:28 AM »
didnt get your pm for some reason, but i tried everything on the websites, im thinking about pulling the motor again, my parents said i have until this weekend to get it done or they are going to sell it, and i cant work on it tomorrow because my doctor wants to test me for skin cancer all day. im thinking about just purchasing a new computer and buying some new relays just to try those, im open toanything you guys say i should try im pretty much desperate to get ths going before mt 17th birthday next month, thanks for all the help so far though guys

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:19:02 AM »
Good luck, if you think a FSM would help check the 'MSG' tab for your personal messages. 

It goes Home>Store>Arcade>Profile>MSG>Calendar>Members>Logout

At the top of the page just under your profile picture.

Again, good luck.  Hopefully you can figure out why fuel isnt delivering.

Lobo176

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 34
  • Member since Feb '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »
Did you ever get it running, if so what was the problem?
85 SR5 long bed, 22RE, original owner, paint, and interior.
8" lift, 35" All Terrains, 5.29's W/TRD limited slip front, Detroit rear.