Author Topic: Penn State Riot and The Dignity Of It All  (Read 4596 times)

Seeds

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State Riot and The Dignity Of It All
« on: Nov 15, 2011, 04:17:47 AM »
he alerted someone higher up as he should have it was them that chose to keep it hush hush not joe!

You don't need to hang him, but I don't think his actions are really what Penn St. should want from someone that represents them.  Him losing his job is the right thing in my opinon.

Not sure about Penn, but here in CA it is illegal not to report it if you are a school faculty, healthcare worker, etc... In fact, If, as a nurse, I dont personally report (not to my superior but to a special department law enforcement, that day) even the smallest signs of abuse noted in any patient it counts as just cause to lose your license and be personally fined if found guilty. Not to mention it is ethical common sense. There really is no valid argument in his favor at this point. Losing his job was a given, he should be fined by the state.

The crazy part is the ignorance of said rioters. What the heck is the point? I am sure it is a small portion of the school populous, but it makes everyone look incredibly ignorant.

Why does it always seem no body wants to take responsibility for their actions, and worse, no body cares that no body wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Moral confusion in an anti-intellectual society. They would rather win football games than have a co-conspirator to child molestation get what he deserves and the victim (and us all really) see true justice for a change. Sheesh

"They're just allegations," Morgan said. "A lot of people were saying Joe didn't make the right choice and morally he didn't do the right thing, but to just fire a man who's been here for 46 years and pretty much made this campus what it is now, I think is a little harsh."
So by this logic your tenure now allows you to make incredibly poor moral decisions without consequence...SAD :screwy:

If it all turns out that nothing happened and it is all allegations then consider giving him his job back. But something happened.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011, 04:32:18 AM by Seeds »
Romans 12:2