We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: We test Marlin Crawler's HREW vs. Competitor's DOM Bumper Steel  (Read 138387 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
im not a lawyer or anything but couldnt you take your test results and open a class action lawsuit for false advertising?
I am sure you could... but this is a small industry and I'd rather invest time doing side-by-side product comparisons like this and like the many other comparisons we've done over the years. I feel there is more merit in being honest, upfront, and then showing results to back up what we say and do -- rather than pointing fingers at others.

When results speak louder than marketing hype, you win. A good example of this is how the same week I posted this comparison, the same competitor added the type of DOM steel grade to their website, claiming to use a very high grade DOM steel. There are three huge problems with this: 1) No iron yards that we know of carries that grade pipe steel, 2) Making changes to goods that are imported overseas takes months because you have to order in bulk to be price competitive plus it takes at least 3 weeks of transit time by boat, and 3) The steel they claim to be using has a very high carbon content which would make it more brittle than it already is.

We don't run our fingers down a SAE chart to the largest four digit steel grade and change our marketing material overnight. We sell what we advertise and sell what we believe truly works. We've been in business for a very long time and our reputation has been built on honesty.

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki