Author Topic: Obama Speak  (Read 4544 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Re: Obama Speak
« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »
Today he said (Yahoo headline) "Nation not better off" [than four years ago]...I can't agree with him more. It looks to me that Obama is trying to appear humbled by the pressures of the office and the magnitude of the task...in fact he should be humbled by the magnitude of his incompetence in the face of a monumental task.
Agreed, but I also see it as a preemptive strike.... he knows the GOP will stress that point in campaign speeches & ads, and he knows that he has no defense. He's hoping to let a bit of air out of that balloon.

I hope the nation has learned that empty promises are not qualification for any job, that voting for Obama only because he is black...didn't undo slavery and that because of Obama's incompetence, Herman Cain (the first capable black President) will have the bar set higher in order to overcome the negative precedent.
I first became aware of Herman Cain during the first GOP candidate's debate (missed the second) and was favorably impressed. I'm looking forward to learning more about the man. He seems no more like obama than chalk is to cheese.

There is one area where the nation is immeasurably better off now than before his appearance on the national scene...involvement. I said during the last Presidential campaign that Obama would either drive the nation into hell or be the best thing for the conservative movement since President Reagan...I guess there is still time for him to drive us into hell (or turn us into Detroit)...but the silent majority is now awake. More people read the Constitution now than, maybe, any time since it was ratified. Sure, there are a lot of idiots out there (california legislation?)...but, I have much hope for the future.
My hope is a bit more reserved than yours. Yes, a lot of people are showing signs of stirring to action. I hope their collective memories are long enough to make it to the polls....  :crossed:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.