Author Topic: Dealing with disprecspectful roommates?  (Read 5697 times)

GNasty 82

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 994
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Nov '09
  • Get Nasty!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with disprecspectful roommates?
« on: Jul 18, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
I once had a roommate like that, except once he lost his job, he stopped paying rent.  Guess I should note that he lost his stripper girlfriend too, who was apparently paying his rent for him.  After several months of hearing how he was about to get back on his feet, he was asked to please move out.  After a few more months and he was still there, the other roommates and I started the legal process of eviction.  Wouldn't you know it, the SOB called the judge 10 minutes before the court date and said he couldn't make it, because he "had something in his eye".  Thankfully the judge was non-sympathetic and ruled summarily in our favor.  Two weeks later, this huge man-beast of a police deputy showed up and the SOB's crap was on the street.  One of my favorite days.

Anyway, I don't know the eviction laws for your state/situation, but in general, if they're not paying rent, you can go through the process and have them kicked to the curb. :kickbutt:
82 Toyota SR5 Pickup
  Marlin Dual Ultimate
  Front 5.29 LC HP Elocker
  Rear 5.29 Grizzly Locker
  BFG 37" KM2s
  Custom rear frame and flatbed
  Propane Powered.

Build Thread:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64521.0

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."-Thomas Jefferson