Author Topic: Tread lightly???  (Read 2247 times)

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Tread lightly???
« on: Mar 13, 2005, 08:28:18 PM »
My self and other members here saw lots of drinking and wheeling at this past weekends TDS event. We had a blast, however it was amazing how many idiots baja through camp with beers in there cup holders. I know this was not a competition, but it was my first event and if I happened to be new to the wheeling thing, I would definately not be impressed. No trees at TDS but lots of Kids playing etc... 

Your right. Unfourtunately it matters not if this privately owned or not, lobbyists can still use any form of land and vegitation abuse as ammo when the time comes to sign in new laws.  This state (CA)  is doomed anyway due to overpopulation, there are many groups out there improving the trials, educating etc....but there are simply way tooo many idiots with 4x4's. I know because I used to be one of them, when I was stationed In England I went ripping through a nice little pasture, with plants, etc.....spun a few donuts...I didnt even realize I did anything stupid till my friend said something. I just simply did not realize the damage and attention it gets from the wrong people. The Rubicon trail is a primary example, the writing is on the wall. I think the best way is do like some of you said and just speak up, whenever we see some dummy plow over a pine etc.... the only way we can avoid the tree huggers is to become tree hugging wheelers ourselves. I know that s%cks but as long as were showing effort, they should stay out of our business.    Glad you brought that up, it should be discussed more often. 
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.