Author Topic: Montana wolves becoming aggressive?  (Read 5259 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Montana wolves becoming aggressive?
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:44:12 PM »
My daughter showed me this... some of you might find it interesting. It shows a distinct difference between wolf pups and dog pups when both are hand-raised and treated equally by humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhOoTns5iQ

There was an interesting show on the tube (hell, it's not a tube anymore is it!) this last week, about how dogs had been bred for certain characteristics. It has some of the same experiments as this video...to me it showed how independence had been bred out of wolves (or that dependence had been selectively "bred in" to dogs)...not, that wolves where inherently more independent.

I noticed in this video that the human wasn't displaying alpha behavior...she was, in fact, very submissive. I'm sure this had a lot to do with the puppy "not caring" what the human (the only other animal in the pack) did. Also, the pup and the human are both females...so, unless there is distinct alpha status behavior from one, the other will challenge for alpha status.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)