Author Topic: Concealed and/or open carry. Discuss  (Read 6685 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: Concealed and/or open carry. Discuss
« on: Aug 04, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »
I dont mind open carry, i would rather know if someone has a weapon than not lol.....

Little story on Concealed Carry License however. I have a Friend that has a CCL and is EX military also. (around 40yrs old) Well in Oregon the dmv knows you have a CCL so when they run your plates it pops up on there screen...  

He was on a very well traveled road, with two of his kids, and got pulled over doing 60-65 MPH (limit is 55). Well the cops must have thought he was a threat because they approached him with guns drawn (but not pointed at him) and made him get out of the vehicle and get pat down. then they made him take his 9mm pull the clip/slid/handle apart throw it on the hood (while its lightly raining), and when he told them that he had a 45 in the back they made him do the same.....  Then they took all his info and told him to sit in his truck....  They took there time (as usual lol) and wrote him a warning (very rare to not get a ticket around here).... Then they told him to get back in the truck and wait until they drove off and around the corner before he got out to get his now soaked dissembled guns off the hood. ...

Now to me this may be a bit extreme, considering i have seen the dash cam from this stop and it didnt seem to me there would be any reason for them to be so paranoid... IMHO this would be considered discrimination, because they KNEW he MIGHT have a gun they treated him differently than then if they may have just thought he might have a gun.  

I am almost 100% sure if he would not have had a CCL he would have just got a ticket/warning whatever and been on his way.

So if getting a concealed carry license means im going to get harassed then F THAT....  On that note, i always have a 22lr in my trucks when i go ... well, anywhere.... i also carry my 308 whenever i leave the pavement. . .and i have never had a problem, i guess they dont consider a rifle a threat  :dunno:

Ive been stopped more times then I can remember with a gun, in oregon and washington. Only 2 times have I been asked if I actually had it on me, never had to get out of my truck or hand it over.

I do know attitude makes a difference, if you have a shitty one it causes problems.

And yes I have a ccl for each state.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?